This naturally vegan Roasted Tomato & Mushroom Pesto Rice makes for a really filling supper and can be customised with your favourite veggies.
- 80g (3 oz) Brown Rice
- Large Handful Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 Large Chestnut Mushrooms, peeled and quartered
- Light Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sacla’ Free From Pesto
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (390 fahrenheit).
- Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, half the tomatoes and prepare the mushrooms, and toss them together on a baking tray with a glug of oil, and lots of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast these for the final 15 minutes the rice is cooking.
- Drain the rice, and stir in the pesto and the veggies.
- Serve straight away in a warm bowl, preferably while watching what people who live in the USA are lucky enough to call TGI Thursdays (explanation here!): an episode of Grey’s Anatomy, followed by an episode of Scandal, followed with an episode of How To Get Away With Murder!