A classic Mexican cocktail, the super-refreshing Paloma is made with ruby grapefruit juice, fresh lime, simple syrup, silver tequila and a splash of soda water.
- 60–120ml (2-4 oz) silver tequila (to make singles or doubles!)
- 190ml (6.5 oz) fresh ruby grapefruit juice
- 40ml (1.5 oz) fresh lime juice
- 40ml (1.5 oz) simple syrup (see note)
- 2 large handfuls ice cubes
- chilled soda or sparkling water
- lime wheels, to garnish
- In a small jug, combine the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Divide the ice between two small to medium glasses, and divide the Paloma mix between the two – they should be about 3/4 of the way filled.
- Top up each glass with soda or sparkling water, mix briefly with a long spoon and garnish each with a lime wheel before serving.
To make simple syrup, dissolve equal parts sugar in water.