These Cucumber & Elderflower Gimlets are a bright, refreshing gin based cocktail, perfect for late spring and early summer.
- 75 ml () gin (3 small jiggers)
- 50ml () St. Germain (2 small jiggers)
- 50ml () fresh lime juice (2 small jiggers)
- 2 tsp simple syrup (see note)
- 1/2 english cucumber, in large chunks
- large handful ice
- Add all the ingredients except for the ice to a cocktail shaker and using a muddler or a wooden spoon muddle the cucumber until it has broken up and the mixture has turned a beautiful green colour.
- Add the ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into two cocktail glasses and serve with thin wheel of cucumber as a garnish, if you wish.
To make simple syrup, dissolve equal parts sugar in water over a low heat.