This easy Hummus, Tomato & Sumac salad plate is the perfect way to use fresh tomatoes to jazz up a tub of hummus, perfect to enjoy with drinks before dinner or as part of a mezze.
- 200g (7 oz) tub hummus
- 150g (5–6 oz) fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- small handful flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- sea salt
- Spread the hummus out across a large serving plate, swirling it with the back of the spoon.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes into random chunks and scatter across the hummus.
- Finely chop the red onion and scatter over the tomatoes. Squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Scatter the parsley and sumac over the salad, finishing the plate with a generous sprinkling of sea salt.