This quick and easy pea and mozzarella soup is great for Halloween.
- 1 Large Mozzarella Ball
- 2 Spring Onions
- 225g (9 oz) Frozen Petits Pois (plain old peas also work, but these are sweeter)
- 675 ml (1 1/2 Cups) Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Halve each spring onion and put small slashes in each half with a sharp knife to allow the flavour from the onions to infuse into the soup.
- Add the onions and the frozen peas to the stock and allow to cook over a high heat for about 4 minutes until the peas are tender.
- Remove from the heat and fish out the onions and throw them away.
- Using a stick blender (one of the kitchen utensils I really could not live without for sauces and soups, Breville have some really great value ones in pastel colours right now) blitz the peas and stock until smooth.
- Roughly chop the mozzarella into small to medium chunks.
- Return the pea soup to the heat and season to taste. Once it has heated through stir in the mozzarella pieces until they have started to melt and string together. Serve with another few grinds of pepper to finish and enjoy!