Weekly Love: the one where I eat my way around Canterbury
1. Poaching quinces with honey and cloves for breakfast (with yogurt) and dessert (with creme fraiche), click here for the recipe! | 2. An impromptu lunch of delicious small plates at the bar of Wild Goose in Canterbury. | 3. More from Wild Goose: the most indulgent, rich and melty ham croquettes. | 4.Another Canterbury favourite, enjoying the incredible value set lunch menu at The Compasses Inn, Crundale. | 5. Enjoying light, but filling winter sprout salads for lunch, this one loaded up with apples, pomegranate and pecorino. Find the recipe here! | 6. In case you missed it, I’m giving away this stack of my favourite 2018 cookbooks on Instagram at the moment! Enter here.
- Jacintha has put together a simply stunning guide to Mechelen in Belgium – what a beautiful city!
- Also, she has put together a full three month itinerary for visiting South Africa which looks fascinating.
- The Cupcakes & Cashmere office did a super serious chocolate chip cookie bake off, and I wish I now had an office to do one of these in. It looks like so much fun!
- Also, Jessica has made some amazing Christmas cookie trays we need to make a thing in the UK.
- Gaby has put together an excellent travel guide based on her recent trip to Morocco.
- Liv has taken some beautiful pictures that really capture one of my favourite places on the planet: the walk along the beach from Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles. She’s also put together a Little Black Book with some really great L.A. addresses.
- Thahn gives us a fascinating insight into Christmas traditions in Switzerland.
- America? PUNCH has put together a great primer on English Sparkling Wine, including a roundup of the best vintages you can find state side (n.b. Nyetimber, Gusbourne and Chapel Down are the best!)
- Fashionista have taken a fascinating look at the future of Victoria Secret in the wake of recent scandals.
- Bri has put together a fantastic Ireland travel guide.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’ve got the fingers crossed for the weather tomorrow as I’m supposed to be kicking off my Christmas by taking my place on the judging panel for the Canterbury Christmas Windows tomorrow afternoon! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month – yes, this Sunday! – packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates. You’ll also get subscribed to my ‘Friday Finds’ where I send you something fun that you’ll actually find useful in the kitchen every Friday morning.