These easy Chocolate Blackberry Filo Cups are so easy to make, and are best served to guests as an elegant dessert with their cheesecake-inspired, hidden blackberry chocolate cream and chocolate truffle garnish.
- 100g (3.5 oz) unsalted butter
- 6 large sheets filo pastry (approx. 1/2 pack)
- 90g (3 oz) dark chocolate
- 120g (4 oz) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 60g (2 oz) full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 300g (10 oz) plump blackberries
- Guylian sea shell truffles, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (400 fahrenheit).
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Working a sheet at a time, halve each sheet and layer each half, brushed with butter to create a stack of four half sheets. Brush the insides of 9 holes of the muffin tin with butter and press each stack inside, creating a little cup – you may need to squish some of the sides down depending on the size of your pastry sheets. Don’t brush the top layer or inside of the cups with butter as this will make your cups greasy!
- Using a fork, pierce clear holes in the bottom of each cup to stop them puffing up in the oven – but don’t worry if this happens, while they’re still warm you can press the middles down again with a dessert spoon.
- Bake the cups for 8-10 minutes until golden. The moment they’re cool enough to touch, transfer them to a wire rack lined with kitchen paper to soak up any additional butter to cool.
- While the cups are cooling, gently melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set over a small amount of simmering water (don’t let the water touch the bowl!) over a medium heat. Once the chocolate has melted, set it aside to cool.
- With a wooden spoon in a large bowl, beat together the mascarpone and cream cheese until combined. Drizzle in the cooled chocolate and beat until just combined. Transfer the chocolate cream to a disposable piping bag.
- Snip just over 1 cm off the bottom of the bag and pipe a single layer in the bottom of each filo case. Place a blackberry in the middle of each, then pipe the rest of the chocolate cream over the top of each one into elegant peaks.
- Garnish each filo case with another blackberry and a Guylian seashell truffle before serving.