This easy Salmon & Pea Pasta recipe with fresh lemon and crème fraîche is a simple, rich yet light and creamy fish pasta recipe. Ready in just 25 minutes it is perfect for busy weeknights!
- 2 salmon fillets
- white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7 oz) penne pasta
- 1 large banana shallot
- light oil
- 2 handfuls frozen petit pois
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- zest of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon juice to taste
- small handful freshly chopped parsley or dill
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 (355 farenheit). Place the salmon fillets on a sheet of cooking foil and raise the edges to capture any liquid. Add a splash of white wine, and season well with salt and pepper. Raise the foil and fold it over into a little boat to seal before baking for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packets instructions until al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water. When you drain the pasta, reserve a little of the cooking liquid.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. In the bottom of a medium frying pan set over a medium heat heat a splash of oil until shimmering, Gently fry the shallot with a pinch of salt until soft but not coloured.
- Splash a further 100ml (6 tbsp) of wine into the pan. Allow the alcohol to bubble away before stirring in the frozen peas and the creme fraiche. Season well with black pepper and stir through the lemon zest.
- Flake the salmon, removing the skin. Add the pasta to the sauce and reduce the heat to low, cooking gently until the sauce has thickened and coated the pasta. Stir in the salmon, carefully trying to not break up the chunks.
- Adding a little of the pasta water as necessary to keep the sauce from thickening too much, season to taste with more salt, pepper and lemon juice. Served in warmed bowls topped with the fresh herbs.