This easy Chorizo, Chickpea & Spinach Stew comes together really quickly on the stovetop and is full of bright, punchy flavours from simple store cupboard ingredients.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used my Homemade Herb Infused Oil)
- 1/2 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Finely Chopped
- 1 Celery Stick, Finely Chopped
- Few Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
- 100g Dried Chorizo, Diced
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Hot Paprika
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Average Sized Bag of Spinach
- Freshly Ground Salt & Black Pepper
- Fry the onion in the oil in a large pan for a few minutes until it has softened, but not browned.
- Add the carrot, celery, bay leaf and the thyme. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, stir in and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Chorizo, cinnamon and the paprika. Gently fry until the vegetables have softened and the chorizo has started to release some of its orange oils, and has crisped up a little bit.
- Add the chickpeas, the vinegar and 75ml of water. Turn the heat up until it is bubbling, then simmer with the lid on for about 2 minutes until the chickpeas have heated through.
- Fish out the thyme sprigs and the bay leaf, then add all for the spinach to the pan, stirring into the stew until it has all wilted down – serve and enjoy!