Weekly Love: Week 46
If you’ve ever wondered what sort of music I listen to while I’m in the kitchen, what constitutes my idea of the ultimate comfort food, or where my favourite places are in London to eat at the moment (you can find all of my ‘Places To Eat In London‘ reviews here), the team at Recipes Plus caught up with me for a bit of a chat about my blog and where I get my kitchen inspiration from. You can read the interview here.
1. The blooms are starting to get colourful outside Liberty’s. | 2. I’ve found my favourite Southern style barbecue at Porky’s on Bankside. Full review to follow next week! | 3. Indulging with dippy eggs and anchovy butter soldiers. | 4. Meeting with the Shopstyle team to talk upcoming projects over juices at The Riding House Cafe. | 5. Enjoying the latest issue of Jamie Magazine with a fluffy pile of pancakes with fresh raspberries, and doused in maple syrup on Sunday morning. | 6. Long weekend country walks in the brilliant Kent sunshine.
- Refinery 29 has put together a round up of the best tacos in L.A. They’ve also put together a round up of the 30 most popular Instagrammed landmarks in Los Angeles. I have 10/30!
- London brunch fiends? My friend Izy has recreated Granger & Co. famous ricotta hotcakes, complete with (super easy) homemade honeycomb butter.
- Carin has put together a quick and easy round up of Paris’ best coffee spots.
- I’m so bringing a bottle of Sriracha Heinz Tomato Ketchup from American next time I go.
- The TIG has published a great insiders guide to Melbourne. Also, San Miguel de Allende.
- Fashionista has some great profiles this season on why different people go to Fashion Week.
- Claire took some simply stunning photos in Crete.
- Tess travels to Turkey and introduces us to the local cuisine. You can find part 2 here.
- If you’ve ever wondered everything Joy The Baker eats in a week.
- Okay, who wants to work in Into The Gloss’ beautiful, airy offices?
- Domain sits down with Ludo Lefebvre to find out the 4 dishes that made his career.
- This photo series documents school lunches from around the world. Basically, I wish that I’d gone to school in Brazil or Greece, and The USA (and the UK) have problems. (via Amy)
- On that note, this video showing American kids eating breakfasts from around the world is both adorable and priceless. However, I take back what I just said about wishing I’d gone to school in Brazil for the lunches – I feel they get the short straw, here!
- Media Marmalade has published a great post on how to monitor your blogs success.
- The Kitchn’s ’10 Things You Should Know Before Getting Into A Relationship With Someone Who Loves Food’ is spot on.
7. Technicolour displays of Prestat chocolate boxes in Liberty’s. | 8. A simply divine lemon curd panna cotta with raspberry sorbet at the end of a simply amazing meal at Toto’s in Knightsbridge. My review of the the restaurant should be up sometime next week, too! | 9. Digging into the eggs from my brunch post for Sunday lunch. | 10. Campari and Blood Orange Juice while we perused the menu at Toto’s. (I’ve got the recipe for this classic Italian cocktail here!) | 11. The Lindt press office was my Valentine this year, and I must say they do know how to woo a girl! | 12. Finally, a big thanks to the team at Jamie Magazine for including one of my Instagrams in the latest issue!
- Move over Style Me Pretty, Sophie at What To Cook Tonight has co-ordinated, photographed and styled a simply stunning dinner party for their new website.
- Camille Styles has put together a dreamy looking guide to Napa.
- Olivia has put together a great guide on where to stay in Brighton.
- Kristabel’s post on blogging and journalism as a career is a must read.
- I’m excited to try these 1 Hour Mini Cinnamon Buns with Whisky Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cupcakes and Cashmere has put together a really helpful post on taking care of your shoes.
- Into The Gloss sits down with Michelle Phan to talk about her digital empire.
- One of my readers, Brag & Butter is holding a supper club in Frankfurt on March 21st.
- Fashionista sends a guy from outside of the fashion industry to review NYFW. Also, one of their journalists took their Mother to a show, and it was equally as brilliant.
- Thee New Potato sits down with Downton Abbey’s Joanne Froggatt. They’ve also caught up with Nashville’s Sam Palladio, and included a Spotify of what he’s currently listening to.
- How to make candy out of just maple syrup and cream. I know, right?
- The Tourist Of Life has some great tips on how to save money on flights and hotels. I’d figured that thing about websites upping the prices on things they know you want to book, but I did not realise that clearing your web cookies would solve the problem – so clever!
- In other travel news, Jessica has put together a great guide to tipping around the world.
- PUNCH poses an interesting question on this piece on if booze TV will ever go mainstream. They also take us behind the scenes of Moscow’s secret supper clubs.
- Ed travels to China to eat Sichuan Hot Pot like the locals.
Something new for Weekly Love this week. I’m pretty much always looking at pretty new clothes, shoes, home, kitchen and beauty items online, or while I’m killing time at the shops between meetings in the city, or waiting for my train at the station. (I’m surprised more damage has not been done already to my bank balance with Joules, L’Occitane, The White Company, Jo Malone, Whistles and Aspinals all at St. Pancras!) So, at the end of each Weekly Love I’m going to be choosing five items I either already own and have been particularly loving over the past fortnight, or I’ve been lusting after in store. Call it my mini shopping edit, if you will!
First up, my beautiful brand new Liberty Print Barbour. I’ve wanted a Barbour for years, and I’ve been wearing this super stylish number practically every day since I got it, both on long country walks and around London (the big pockets are great for stashing my phone and Oyster card for easy access!) In other coat news, I spied this beautiful bright yellow rain coat from Joules in Fenwick the other week. I know I already own a rain coat, and my new Barbour is waterproof. But, well, it’s bright yellow!
I already own grey and white, star spangled pyjama bottoms (sorry – sold out – but they are super comfortable and have pockets, so I’d still love to recommend them to you in pretty pink and white stripes) that I’ve been wearing this week from The White Company, so it really is just a natural progression that I’d want a matching hoodie from Zoe Karssen. Or, to actually go outside and face the world these star print jeans from Stella McCartney. Also, remind me to just jump the gun and buy this French ‘Very Good, Thank You’ sweatshirt from Whistles before they all sell out in my size?
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?