Weekly Love: Week 137
1. Celebrating one year (!) of Student Eats! | 2. A delicious lunch out on the terrace at The Beacon in Tunbridge Wells. | 3. Sunday night roast chicken with fried potatoes, broccoli and romesco sauce – recipe for the sauce coming soon! | 4. Sipping Hugos by the hydrangeas in the pub garden. | 5. A quick plate of nibbles put together at my parents house for drinks with their neighbours – Mummy’s famous Classic Cheese Straws and some quick marinated olives – shall I share the recipe for how to make these? | 6. Mountains of avocado toast with heirloom tomato salad at the Pinterest creators brunch.
- The Kitchn has some great freezer stocking tips if you’re cooking for one.
- I want to try most of the no-cook dinners the Cupcakes & Cashmere team are craving.
- Next time you’re out and about on your travels, get out of Amsterdam and head to the beach.
- Food 52 has a great primer on creating outdoor summer lighting.
- Here are five fantastic restaurants to enjoy around the Amalfi coast.
- And here are ten great places you need to try and eat at in Nashville.
- Tania has done a great Q&A on being freelance.
- I now want to throw a steak summer roll party.
- Shu takes us behind the scenes of when she created her new line of curry pastes.
- I’m really enjoying these at the moment: Mackenzie interviews her grandma about her life.
- Also, she’s shared all her favourite beaches in Nantucket.
- This is how to spend three perfect days in Mallorca.
- Liv has been exploring Mykonos by night. I still want to go. Here is her destination guide.
- What it is like to date as a CIA undercover agent.
- You know that single use plastic-free challenge I did in June? The Mighty Fine Things team have all taken part in the challenge shopping in Kent independents.
7. Lunching with my lovely literary agent at Polpo in Covent Garden. | 8. Sherin made the cutest care package for her new bridesmaids. | 9. Looking through the photos from the Pinterest creator brunch realising I’ll be forever gazing up at people because I’m so short! | 10. A delicious set lunch at Frenchie in Covent Garden – look out for my review next week! | 11. Another fantastic dinner at The Parade Room in Canterbury. | 12. A Punt e Mes Spritz and an antipasto board welcoming my guests for my Italian Summer Lunch Party.
- Emily has put together a great guide to Portland, Oregon.
- Kelly has some great tips for moving house that I fully intend to bookmark for the next time I have to!
- Apparently you can use a blender to infuse spirits for cocktails almost instantly.
- PUNCH shares 10 alternative spritz recipes you should try before summer is over.
- Claire has explored all of the best independent shops in Brighton.
- David has found some really awesome stretchy ice cream if you’re in New York.
- Rachel has put together a great guide to Stockholm.
- Here is what you really must eat if you’re visiting Bologna.
- Joy has put together a quick guide to making basically every delicious lemonade you can think of.
- Laura has put together a delicious foodie guide to Paris.
- These banned foods all over the world are pretty fascinating.
- America? Williams Sonoma has put together a great guide to all the different types of salt you can buy.
- Mulia has put together a great guide to street food in Georgetown, Penang.
- Lindsay took a stunning trip to the Loire Valley (you can find my Loire guide here!)
- Angie and her husband go to Italy every year for their wedding anniversary and these are their favourite romantic spots. Also, she has found 25 of the worlds best restaurants with a view.
- Here is a first look at all of the new American TV shows that will be arriving this autumn.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m excitedly fulfilling my first bridesmaid duty going wedding dress shopping tomorrow (!) before a chilled Sunday at home. For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month (yes that is this weekend!) packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates.