Weekly Love: Week 169
Typically this is a space where I share my most recent television obsession, so this week I want to tell you all about Quantico. Let us forget about our friends across the pond who are on the second season already: here in the UK the second series aired last night and I’m obsessed. We join a new class of FBI recruits at the academy, except that we know that one of them (but we don’t know who) is a terrorist who goes on to blow up Grand Central Station 9 months later. There are so many different FBI/ CIA/ Police dramas out there; this is one if you love the genre, but you want something a bit different from the usual procedural format.
1. Picking up a lunchtime baguette from the No Name Shop French deli on Deal High Street. | 2. Eating all the breakfast foods at The Orangery, Kensington Palace. | 3. Spring stocks for sale outside Canterbury West train station. | 4. Getting my Saturday morning forced rhubarb game on in Deal. | 5. Celebrating my 23rd birthday at my favourite pub, The Compasses Inn in Crundale. | 6. Fiery birthday blooms from Bloom & Wild (remember to use the code RACHELBLOOMS to get 15% off at the checkout!)
- Rose went to an island inhabited by swimming pigs in the Bahamas. Also, her leftover spicy lamb ragu looks so good it makes me wish I actually liked lamb!
- Into the crazy world of Reddit beauty conspiricy theories.
- Fashionista has released their 2016 list of the worlds 20 most influential fashion bloggers.
- Apparently avocado art is the new ‘thing’, so this is how too make an avocado rose.
- Amy’s Prawn, Chorizo & Lentil Salad looks bloody fantastic.
- In my book, a big bowl of noodles and omelette ribbons can only be a good thing.
- Helena schools us on how to put together a killer flatlay.
- This is how make up artists in Hollywood make grown women look like teenagers.
- Brides to be? Carrie went bridal at Bicester Village, and it looks gorgeous.
- She’s also posted some snaps from her recent trip to Mauritius. I miss the beach.
- These are the best margaritas in New York City.
- In the latest installment of her Baking 101 series, Joy schools us on how to fold egg whites, which really is a baking lesson we all need to learn how to get right. Also, how to crack and separate eggs. I know you think you know how to do it, but you can never stop learning.
- How to Make All-Natural Food Dyes From Ingredients in Your Kitchen.
- Here are 13 things I bet you never knew about the London underground, including that it is impossible to miss the last tube once you’ve tapped in with your Oyster card.
- Why Instagram is becoming more important to brands than blogs.
- 4 Must-Try Herb Pairings for a Spring Cheese Board.
7. Saturday afternoon beer in the bath. | 8. Post-Big Easy cocktails at The Botanist on Sloane Square to celebrate my friend Ed’s 23rd birthday. | 9. Sharing another one of my Ryvita recipe loves for their #MyVita campaign: cream cheese with za’atar and extra virgin olive oil. | 10. Cracking into the Easter egg the Lindt team were kind enough to send me early. | 11. Lunching on Green Eggs & Ham. | 12. 4 for £1 fresh from the sea herring purchased from the fisherman on Deal seafront.
- Bloggers? What Instagram’s algorithm update means for you (Hint? It’s not good).
- Who will be making Chocolate Marbled Italian Easter Bread this weekend?
- Into The Gloss has written a great piece on how you need to change your skin care when you move to the big city. I wish I’d read this before moving to L.A. – it ruined my skin!
- I seriously think we should all start making fish burgers again.
- Apparently this is the Japanese spice blend we all need to know about.
- Have you ever heard of Golden Milk? I want to make it as ice cream.
- Also I need to up my ice cream game to this Pistachio Ice Cream with Nutella Fudge Swirls.
- This is what the brown bits in avocados actually are, and how you can still eat them.
- Emily shows us what she keeps in her fridge. I love looking at what other people buy, and her fridge has a pretty great cross section of what I always had to hand when I lived in L.A.
- This is how to make a poke bowl at home. I am totally on board.
- Lucy has found us super authentic Danish and Vietnamese restaurants in London I want to visit. Just look at those smogas and Summer rolls!
- Why have I never thought of putting mozzarella in baked eggs before?
- These tips on how to get the most out of Google Maps are actually life changing.
- This is what you need to know before you travel to Cuba.
- So, apparently Smen is a type of Moroccan fermented butter. Good to know.
- Don’t these orange and soy glazed ribs look amazing?
- If you live in Springfield, MO, you need to visit Emma’s stunning (and delicious looking) new bar, The Golden Girl Rum Club.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what have you got up to so far over the Easter weekend? I’m happy to be enjoying a good 6 days away from the office, hopefully relaxing for a bit as well as working on other projects. I’m making duck leg ragu with homemade pasta on Saturday night, which I’m rather excited about.