Weekly Love: Week 210
Please don’t ask me what I have been up to the past couple of weeks, because I’m not really sure. I think ‘busy’ is the right descriptor. I know I’ve got a lot done but for the life of me I could not quantify what, and I’m already looking forward to my next trip to France mid-December where all I have to do for a whole week is curl up with a good book, visit restaurants and food markets, stock up on festive food and drink, and eat my body weight in local oysters. We’re also looking into the possibility of another Christmas trip between the big day itself and New Year – so if anyone has visited the Black Forest (the German part) in the snowy season before, I’d love to hear from you with your recommendations/ what you got up to!
1. Spending a magical Sunday evening exploring the Harry Potter Studio Tour just outside London – don’t worry – I’ll be posting the massive amount of photos I took soon! | 2. Sushi lunches wrapped up against the chill from Inigo in Soho. | 3. Snuggling up to work on my Christmas Gift Guide (out next week for those of you who need gift inspiration!) with one of Tesco’s suprisingly lovely vanilla Christmas candles, my favourite Avoca rug and the delicious chocolate The Grown Up Chocolate Company invited me to customise! | 4. Wild brunching at Mac and Wild near Liverpool Street. | 5. Sunday succulents. | 6. Meet Camilla. She likes to stare out of the bedroom window at the builders, climb up onto high objects then promptly fall off, run as fast as she can from one end of the house to the other, and to wake me up in the mornings by sneaking into the bedroom to bat my feet through the duvet with her paws.
- Furusato Matsuri in Tokyo is a 23 acre indoor food market, and I want to go.
- This year I want to start making mulled apple juice.
- Why taking a break every so often while you are working is really, really important.
- This is an excellent guide if, like me, you want to eat your way through Lisbon.
- Olivia went to Paris, and here are 8 new addresses to add to your to-visit list.
- Claire’s current beauty favourites are worth a browse as there are already quite a few products in there I have sworn by or loved over the years.
- She has also had an incredible lunch at the most beautiful hotel in Morocco.
- Gross but necessary: this is the science behind properly getting rid of blackheads.
- There is no doubt that sunrise is the best time to explore Venice.
- Deb has a genius tip for making homemade stock if you don’t own a big saucepan.
- Mani has been to Sculpture by the Sea – something down under I really want to visit!
- Harry Potter fans? We can actually eat Christmas dinner at Hogwarts this year!
- This is how to make (and stock your freezer with) homemade vegetable stock.
- Bri has some great, everyday tips for cutting down on food waste.
- If you’re into big kitchen projects, this is how to make those classic ramen pork slices.
- Camille Styles has a great visual guide to different types of winter squashes.
- Also, this is how to make homemade pumpkin puree.
- What Amy learnt blogging every since day throughout October.
- Apparently sorority chefs are a thing, and we should all be following them on Instagram.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m looking forward to a lazy one, though it is that time again where we’re probably going to spend the weekend on estate agent websites looking for where we’re going to live next year! The big question: do we want to stay in Southwark, or try a totally new part of town? (Londoners? Do share your areas if you live within walking distance of awesome pubs/ local food places and your rent is not a fortune!) For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates.