Weekly Love: Week 213
Happy first Weekly Love of 2018! I hope your New Year has been getting off to a roaring start. I’m pleased to be back into a routine (albeit a new one in the new flat!), even if that does mean I’m up to my eyes in pancake recipes trying to decide which one I’m going to share with you all for pancake day – that magic food week where Shrove Tuesday, Valentines Day and Chinese New Year all happen together is looming, and it is my favourite to cook for. Do you have any go to pancake recipes you think I should try?
1. A fridge-clearing, lunchtime burrito bowl of Fox & Briar‘s Slow Cooked Mexican Beef, quinoa salad leftover from a Cocotte order, shredded lettuce leftover from my Lighter Southern Shrimp Po’ Boy Sandwiches and a handful of cherry tomatoes. | 2. Bright winter citrus at Borough Market. | 3. A divine butternut squash and rosemary terrine with truffle cream, and a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape on Christmas Eve at The Compasses Inn. | 4. Filling the cupboards with healthy January snacks and planning upcoming meals. | 5. An incredible spread of Turkish mezze at Yosma. | 6. Camilla looking adorable for all of five minutes between extracting her from the crawl space behind the bed and her hissing at me when I tried to stroke her without duck flavoured kitten treats in hand!
- Now I want to go for brunch at Salon in Brixton.
- Mulia took a delicious looking foodie trip to Jersey.
- PUNCH has taken a fascinating look at how Costco manage to sell aged whisky so cheap.
- This is how to turn plain milk into buttermilk.
- Olivia’s Reykjavik snaps have me wanting to go back even more (I blogged about it here!)
- The rest of her Iceland snaps are also worth checking out (mine are here).
- If you’ve ever wanted to try Egyptian food, this is where you need to dine out in London.
- Here is everything you need to know about canned coconut milk and cream.
- Bri has put together an Israel travel guide, and I really want to go.
- This is now to make an essential oil based anti-spider spray.
- What living in Sweden for the summer taught this American writer about healthy eating.
- Speaking of Sweden, Rose went to stay in the Tree Hotel, and I can’t even start getting my head around how different and amazing it looks. (Part 2, Part 3)
- Mani took some stunning photos in her hot air balloon ride over Hunter Valley, Australia. Also, she’s visited Luang Prabang in Lao and taken some more great pictures.
- Apparently the secret to these incredible looking fluffy Japanese pancakes is mayonnaise!
- A love letter to one of my favourite places in the world, this is what Bri loves to do in L.A.
- Claire has written a lovely guide to New York.
- What it is like to dine in the UK’s most expensive restaurant.
- Yes, it is possible to freeze a sourdough starter.
- This is why you, potentially, should be making condensed milk at home.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’ve got a few starts of plans, but nothing solidly in yet! Bowling is a possibility, and of course more pancake experiments! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates.