Weekly Love: Week 131
Can we just raise a glass to the long weekend so we can let our hair down a bit? Combined with an unpleasant head cold I feel like I’ve been on a bit of a treadmill this week, working on upcoming content, shooting recipes for external publications and refining pitches for a few upcoming projects. I’m looking forward to a few days of pub gardens and barbecues! Oh, and in some exciting news I’ve signed off on the design for the new rachelphipps.com (!) It is just the front page so far with a lot more work to go, but I’m so, so excited to share it with you all. It is so nerve-racking changing anything after 5 years of the same!
1. Editing all the photos from my French adventures – you can read all my posts so far here! | 2. Running errands in sunny, sunny London. | 3. Enjoying an Aperol Spritz (or three!) in the pub garden. | 4. More summertime drinks, this time in the Secret Herb Garden at The Royal Horseguards Hotel in Westminster. | 5. Cooking with all of the beautiful bright tomatoes. | 6. Waking up to Camilla snuggled at the foot of the bed on her 1st birthday.
- Molly Yeh now has her own Food Network TV show and I can’t wait to see it!
- Lucy has put together a great guide on visiting Jamaica for the first time. Kristabel, who she visited with has also put together a fantastic guide – such a great destination!
- Kristabel has also put together a great guide to Port Antonio, Jamaica.
- Also, her guide to Ocho Rios is a great read, for a more compact Jamaica destination.
- And, she has put together a list of really practical tips for visiting the island.
- This is something I feel strongly about: why you should not rinse raw chicken.
- Also, a reminder that you should not be putting raw chicken in your slow cooker.
- More on kitchen safety: this article on how hot your washing up water really needs to be terrified me as I don’t have a dishwasher, but contains some really helpful tips.
- Liv has a great guide to packing for a long haul flight like a boss.
- Also, she’s properly explored Queenstown in this post from her New Zealand trip.
- Carrie was with her, and she’s also put together a fantastic New Zealand guide (Part 2).
- Mulia has put together a round up of all her speciality coffee and brunch places in Bali.
- This is all you need to know about safely decorating cakes with fresh flowers.
- And, this is how to turn a supermarket bouquet into several small flower displays.
- Also, the Cupcakes and Cashmere team have some great tips for at home flower arranging.
- Salt & Wind have a great list of things you should know before visiting Spain.
- Also, they’ve put together a great roundup of Mexican cocktails that are *not* Margaritas!
- The Kitchn has put together some tips for removing stains from your butchers block countertops: I’ll be trying these as I already have a water ring on mine!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m already back in Kent for the long weekend, with a barbecue and lunch out at my favourite pub planned! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates.