Weekly Love: the one where I enjoy the start of Autumn in London
1. Another one of my recipes for BBC Food, courgetti done with my favourite pasta sauce, quick grilled broccoli, cherry tomatoes and lots of parmesan. Click here for the recipe. | 2. A very mixed dinner at Nanban in Brixton – full review coming soon! | 3. Fulham Palace starting to come over all autumnal. | 4. (Successfully) managing to stave off a cold with all of the fresh pressed juice.| 5. More for the BBC (and your next lunchbox) with my Avocado, Tomato & White Bean Salad. | 6. And, our family’s Classic Savoury Eggy Bread recipe.
- In a piece for The Everygirl that was hard to write (though I’m really, really pleased that I did) I talk about what it is like to witness a terrorist attack at my place of work.
- On a lighter note, The Everygirl also have a great guide to looking after your wool and cashmere jumpers.
- I really want to make this DIY spider pom pom garland for Halloween.
- Alex and Sonja took some stunning photos in Sibenik, Croatia. They’ve also put together a beautiful guide from Malaga to Barcelona for your next Spain trip!
- Angie has found the most luxurious hotel to stay in in Athens (which I have bookmarked, as the last time I was there my room had cockroaches!)
- Liv’s photos from Devon make me want to explore more of the Great British Coast.
- It used to be part of my job to translated government speak into real words, and even I get confused sometimes: One Roof Social has put together a great guide to how The EU Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market actually will impact content shared online.
- Important ahead of halloween: how to clean and roast pumpkin seeds.
- Also: three ways to use up those discarded pumpkin guts.
- And: how to turn a hollowed out pumpkin into a wine dispenser.
- Jacintha has put together a great Brisbane weekend guide.
- Kristabel’s first money diary gave me a bit of a kick to sort out the way I track my finances so I found it fascinating to read her second money diary and see that not much has changed.
- Carrie has pit together a fantastic guide if you’re going to be visiting Porto.
- This is how to make homemade tortilla chips. They look amazing.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates. You’ll also get subscribed to my ‘Friday Finds’ where I send you something fun that you’ll actually find useful in the kitchen every Friday morning.