Weekly Love: the one where I’m in a car with an entire florists-worth of flowers
1. Sunny spring days at my parents house in Kent. | 2. Daddy’s birthday lunch at The Compasses Inn in Crundale. | 3. Mountains of hydrangeas at New Covent Garden Flower Market. | 4. Hot King Prawns in Garlic Butter (recipe here!) in the garden at my parents house over the Bank Holiday weekend. | 5. Baking a whole sea bass over fennel and potatoes for a Good Friday treat. | 6. Loaded into the back of a hire car with *all* of the brightly coloured flowers from an early morning start at New Covent Garden Flower Market with the bride and groom for my best friends wedding at the weekend – we’re arranging them all today!
- The Kitchn has put together a great roundup of recipes to make if you’re new to authentic Korean cooking at home. (There are no crispy rice cakes on there so here is my recipe, and my recipe for Hwe Dup Bap, a Korean sashimi salad is here.)
- Kelly has put together a brilliant guide to getting the most out of a trip to visit the Magical World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Florida.
- Gem shares 5 fantastic tips for hosting a successful brunch, and a beautiful tablescape.
- Kristabel has stayed in the most dreamy ‘village hotel’ in the Cotswolds.
- Angie has found three really great places to eat the next time you’re in Stockholm.
- Food 52 has published a great piece about ‘kitchen Judaism’.
- Carrie had been to stay in the most beautiful Scottish hotel.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? Today I’m spending the day flower arranging and ferrying party favours for my best friends wedding this weekend, before a slumber party in the bridal suite ahead of her big day! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!