Weekly Love: the one where I explore the North Cornwall Coast
1. Sunset over the harbour in Rock first night in Cornwall after a great dinner of bar snacks and local gin at The Mariners – review of the pub (and of everywhere else we ate in Cornwall!) coming soon! | 2. Tasting *all* the English Wine at Camel Valley Vineyard with Kate from Cornish Wine Tours in the brilliant sunshine. | 3. Exploring the stunning Cornish coastline on the trail around Trevose Head Lighthouse. | 4. Watching people enjoy the beach from on high at Bedruthan Steps. | 5. Cocktails and Italian small plates for lunch at Fifteen Cornwall, overlooking the beautiful Watergate Bay – so happy that this part of the Jamie Oliver restaurant empire is going to survive thanks to its Cornish food charity. | 6. A simply mind-blowing meal at Appleton’s at Trevibban Mill Vineyards.
- The Everygirl has found 10 great hidden gems to visit in Los Angeles.
- Angie has you covered for some great places to eat in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Kelly was allowed behind the scenes at her local McDonalds, and as well as learning how to make a Big Mac, she learnt some really interesting things about the company.
- Also, she has written a powerful piece on a how a lab mistake and a misdiagnosis has left her with health anxiety. She told me the story last year, and I know how difficult it must have been for her to put it online.
- Manon went to Canada to learn all about the maple syrup harvest.
- The Kitchn has some great tips to rapidly chill your drinks this summer.
- I think this idea is brilliant: supermarket receipts that tell you what % of your shop is meat, dairy, snacks etc.
- So apparently frozen pizzas are fantastic cooked on the barbecue.
- Refinery29 has put together a roundup of some excellent Alexa hacks.
- Liv has put together a really great to my old place of work, the town of Deal on the Kent Coast.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m back in the city tomorrow in time for the long weekend, and while I’ll probably spend most of my time getting sorted after my holiday, we had to re-schedule that bottomless sushi brunch I mentioned in my last ‘Weekly Love’ so I’ve got that on Sunday – *if* I even have room for any more food after everything we ate in Cornwall! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!