Weekly Love: the one where my best friend got married to her best friend!
1. Grabbing a selfie with the bride in between courses at the wedding breakfast! | 2. Having a pre-wedding slumber party in the simply stunning bridal suite at Chandos House – just look at that incredible wallpaper! | 3. Decorating the cakes for day 2 of the wedding with fresh flowers we picked up at New Covent Garden Flower Market. | 4. The bridal party all together in hair and makeup, enjoy a cheeky few glasses of prosecco – picture by the amazing Mint Memories! | 5. Leftover wedding flowers brightening up my workspace. | 6. A British- Pakistani home cooked feast of spiced chicken, vegetable biriyani, salad vegetables, green chilli chutney, spiced potatoes and chaat. Such an incredible meal!
- Food 52 has published a great piece on what a nightmare special diets have become for event caterers.
- Also, they’ve published a mouthwatering roundup of all the things you must buy at the Korean supermarket.
- And, their Japanese-Korean history of ketchup spaghetti is a fascinating way to turn the condiment prejudices you probably hold about how you should eat ketchup on their head.
- Okay, so Food52 have been killing it this month: I also loved this piece on teaching someone to live to cook.
- And there is more: did you know in Malaysia they drink essence of a whole chicken instead of Red Bull?
- Looking to get into gardening? Gem has put together a helpful post with all the terms and terminology you’ll need to know – I was taught some of this growing up as I plant veggies, but I still learnt a lot!
- Okay, so apparently we need to all be ripening our cookie dough.
- Jane has some great Sydney food recommendations next time you’re in the city!
- Here are four easy buttermilk substitutes for home baking.
- This travel post from Mulia is fantastic if you want to read about the food and drink in Barbados.
- Lisa has put together a great step by step guide to seasoning your wok.
- Yaya and Lloyd have been to Petra, and their pictures really capture the majesty of what I saw on my visit.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? J’s off on a boys weekend to celebrate his birthday, so I’m off for a girly bottomless sushi brunch, because how awesome does that sound?? For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!