Weekly Love: the one spent in a haze of rosé in the Brittany countryside
1. Sharing a half bottle of Cote de Provence at lunchtime over galettes and crepes in front of Fougeres castle.| 2. The sweetest prawns I’ve ever had, just simply served, shelling them as we ate with more rosé and rounds of baguette. Can you believe they only cost 3,60€? | 3. Beautiful, puffy blue and purple hydrangeas (and pink and white) bursting into colourful bloom all over Brittany. | 4. Perfect tomato and green leaf salads, perfect homemade vinaigrette to go with each evenings barbecue.| 5. Taking a turn around the Cancale oyster market before setting down to a wonderfully saline platter of No.3’s. | 6. More of that beautiful rosé in front of Fougeres castle.
- America? Food 52 has uncovered an genius Whole Foods soup bar hack.
- Eater London has put together a roundup of the best places to eat at Heathrow Airport.
- Laura has some great shaving tips if you have sensitive skin.
- Yaya and Lloyd enjoy Jerusalem’s nightlife and bathing in the Dead Sea.
- Joy has some great ideas for frozen treats you can make with store brought ice cream.
- Feel like your Instagrams are not getting enough engagement this summer? I certainly am, but don’t worry Kelly will talk you down with some simple explanations and social media real talk.
- Kristabel actually talks real numbers about getting on the property ladder in London.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m back in London tonight, off to a party tomorrow, but then back down for a literally flying visit shifting furniture ahead of our move on Sunday! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!