Weekly Love: the one where I eat a tonne of London’s best seafood dishes
1. A divine heirloom tomato salad with white port vinaigrette at Bar Douro, one of the best dishes I’ve had all summer – full review coming soon! | 2. And, the best sharing dish in London right now: a riot of seafood, saffron, courgette and pasta I was invited to try at Pastaio (read my full Pastaio review from last year here), all served up in one of Le Creuset’s Ultra Violet casserole dishes. | 3. Sitting and enjoying a (gifted) Beviamo’s canned Italian spritz in my new garden – get them in Sainsbury’s before we run out of sunny summer evenings! | 4. One of my favourite Pig Buns from Bun House’s new brand in Chinatown (you can find my full Bun House review here!) | 5. I made these Creamy Mushroom Pancakes for BBC Food – they’re perfect for this transitional end of summer, beginning of autumn weather we’ve been having! | 6. Another of my favourite dishes from Bar Douro, giant prawns served in a beautiful, fishy, buttery pan sauce.
- These are all the street foods you need to look out for when visiting Mexico City.
- Okay, so apparently it is a good thing to put pickle brine in your rose wine??
- Food 52 has put together a handy guide for telling if your eggs are still good to eat.
- They’ve also published the surprising story about the burger recipe that helped build the site Serious Eats.
- Christmas is coming (sorry!): this is how to DIY scented candles in your slow cooker.
- So, apparently mayonnaise is this magical wonder cleaning product.
- Sarah decided to brew her own kombucha, and it was an adventure.
- Kelly has some thoughts on Instagram’s plans to remove likes from their content.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m off up North to stay in a fancy country house hotel as some of J’s friends are getting married, and that is pretty much going to take up the whole Bank Holiday! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!