Weekly Love: the one where Spring sprung
1. Celebrating the start of the spring with a fantastic English Sparking Wine with Bolney’s 2016 Blanc de Blanc (#gifted). One of the best English sparkling wines I’ve ever had, crisp and refined. Oh, and Bolney are offering free delivery on all wine orders over £20 at the moment! | 2. Making some of our family favourite Skinny Sticky Storecupboard Barbecue Chicken on the barbecue. | 3. Whipping up a batch of Easy Yogurt Flatbreads (perfect made with just self-raising flour, baking powder, salt and leftover yogurt) and slathering them with wild garlic butter. Recipe here. | 4. Over at BBC Food I’ve got the perfect self-isolation supper for you: Sweet Potato Traybake Fajitas. | 5. If you’re heading out for essentials this weekend, do grab a Hello Magazine to get my recipe for One Pan Chicken with Apples & Prunes, another perfect self-isolation supper made with dried fruit and long life apples! | 6. Another Insta-recipe for you all, I’ve shared my recipe / formula to make the perfect Yorkshire puddings every time, for whatever size of crowd! Recipe here.
- Here are 5 vegetables you can regrow indoors with just water and sunlight.
- Sue has put together a great post full of flour alternatives and flourless baking ideas and recipes.
- This Virgin Margarita recipe using pickle juice is some kind of clever.
- Also, Kate has put together a couple of really simple, at home cocktail recipes that you’ve hopefully already got all the ingredients for.
- Rose has a fantastic recipe for Foraged Nettle Soup.
- Food 52 on why it is more important than ever now to support cookbook authors and your local bookshops. They’ve put together some great tips for how – I’d love it if you’d support me by pre-ordering a copy of my book One Pan Pescatarian (ad) out this summer, when, let us be honest, we might all still be in quarantine…
- And, they’ve put together some of the most helpful answers to cooking and substitution questions people are asking on their hotline.
- Jessica shares the three easy, delicious add ins she always makes to gussy up any and every homemade meal.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned for the long Easter weekend? I’m going to spend as much time as possible outside, starting with washing the cars (typical British bank holiday activity) before heading out into the garden, perhaps finishing my book in the sun later. Oh, and I’m making my Classic Bolognese Lasagna later, and we’re roasting a chicken for Easter lunch as a treat as they’re so hard to come by at the moment, and we’ve had plenty of lamb this spring from the freezer already!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!