Weekly Love: the one when autumn arrived
1. One of my favourite meat-free meals at the moment by way of my Gigantes Plaki with Feta, which you can find on pg 70 of One Pan Pescatarian (ad) – rich, tomato cinnamon spiked beans, on the stovetop, in about 30 minutes. What more could you possibly want?| 2. Another delicious veggie dinner from One Pan: my Pea & Courgette Burgers with Kimchee, find them on pg 78.| 3. Making the most of the season with crisp autumnal walks. | 4. Marveling at the sheer selection of apple varieties on sale at the Perry Court Farm farm shop on the road between Ashford and Canterbury. | 5. A little treat for my newsletter subscribers, my Vegan Sundried Tomato & Sage Pesto, ready in just 25 minutes and just perfect for this time of year. Not a subscriber but you’d like more weeknight dinner inspiration? Sign up here! | 6. And my final OPP recipe for this fortnight, this amazing Velvet Vegan Leek & Potato Soup that I make every time one of us is sick, which you can find on pg 100.
- You know those charts that show you what different types of sugar will do you your chocolate chip cookies? This is the difference using cold (yes the Americans call biscuits cookies, just roll with it!), room temperature or melted butter.
- One of my favourites from classics trips as a teenager: Yaya and Lloyd have put together a fantastic guide for what to do on a trip to Athens.
- Leslie and her husband have a great way of choosing what movie to watch on Netflix every night. This is an issue for us at home…
- This is how to make my favourite Japanese Kewpie mayo from scratch – without the MSG!
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? We’re off to visit friends which will be lovely, before spending a relaxed Sunday at home with a big joint of roast beef.
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!