Weekly Love: the one where things started to feel festive!
1. Picking up some Gusbourne English Sparkling Wine just down the road to go with our Christmas Eve lobsters. | 2. The perfect fishy holiday treat for two from One Pan Pescatarian (ad), my Hot Prawns in Garlic Butter which you will find on pg 166. | 3. Another festive treat from One Pan, why not make your own Beetroot & Dill Cured Salmon (pg 158) and some Homemade Blini Pancakes (pg 160) for your small scale festive celebrations? It is much easier than it looks! | 4. Or, for when the festive eating is all starting to get a bit much, why not try my Tofu Banh Mi Sandwich (veggie with an easy vegan swap) on pg 80? | 5. Over to BBC Food now, my One-pan Veggie English Breakfast is perfect for lazy weekends brunching. | 6. And, because we still have another week of desk lunches left, do check out my Chicken Club Pasta Salad!
- Some helpful food guidance on food waste, leftovers, and staying safe during Covid-19 from an environmental health practitioner.
- Gem has some great indie food gift suggestions this Christmas.
- Because I’ve needed this recently: these are the best way to clean rust off of kitchen knives and scissors.
- Michelle, on what she learnt in her first month selling on Etsy.
- Got a bit more time on your hands this year? Carrie has put together a roundup of some simply beautiful handmade Christmas decoration tutorials.
- My friend Kelly has a Frozen Butterbeer recipe you need in hand every time you watch a Harry Potter film this Christmas.
- Food52 has written a brilliant post on making fantastic pan sauces: yes, this includes how to make excellent gravy!
- They have also put together a great guide to how to post biscuits this Christmas without them all crumbling on the way!
- And, they have some great tips on re-using gift wrap.
- Okay, so apparently pink lemons are an actual thing and I wish I could get my hands on some!
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? Honestly, I’m just looking to chill out and relax a bit before the last busy week before I break for Christmas!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!