Weekly Love: the one with all the wonderfully orange foods.
1. A stunning, simple lunch at The Rose Inn in Wickhambreaux. | 2. A perfect speedy supper from One Pan Pescatarian (ad), my Spaghetti with Muhammara Sauce on pg 107. | 3. And, always an autumnal favourite, find my Creamy Butternut Squash Risotto (with step by step photos!) on pg 60! | 4. Finally, if you’re after the ultimate, cosy Friday Fakeaway, look no further than the Dhal Baked Eggs & Chickpeas on pg 90. | 5. I’ve also posted the recipe for my Hot Mulled Apple Juice over on Instagram. | 6. If pumpkin is more your thing for autumn, you can find my new recipe for Pumpkin Gnocchi with Garlic, Nutmeg & Sage Butter here.
- What is the difference between a pumpkin and a squash? Should pumpkin be sweet or savoury? And why do we carve them rather than cook them anyway?
- How to make homemade googly eyes ahead of Halloween – and they’re vegan, too!
- Bookmark this for Christmas or Thanksgiving: how to use up leftover gravy.
- The fascinating history of the frozen margarita machine.
- As an (almost) former member of the nervous drivers club I can wholeheartedly recommend Liv’s post on learning to be confident in the car: pro tip, automatic gear boxes are not the enemy!
- So apparently washing champagne glasses with soap is a bad thing.
- Leah asks the all important question: did our grandmothers lie to us when it came to passing down recipes?
- The rise and fall of the French Madeleine.
- How nutritious are eggs really?
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? We’ve got my best friend and her husband coming to stay this weekend so it is set to be a weekend of board games (as a group we love playing Sabateur #ad and it gets competitive!), and I’ve got a Middle Eastern dinner menu planned (which I’m doing as much ahead today as possible so we can just chill tomorrow) and a lazy Sunday brunch recipe for French baked eggs I’ve been wanting to try for a while!