Happy December everyone! 'Tis officially the season for mulled wine, pine trees and brightly coloured wrapping paper. While this year I've been doing my best to get into the festive spirit with all manner of treats, decorations and hopefully music (once I get my Michael Bublé Christmas playlist sorted, that is), I don't blame those of you who are not totally into the festive spirit yet. So, if you check out the first half of links in this edition of Weekly Love, you'll find some of my favourite tips, recipes and DIY's for the season, while in the second half I've kept it casual with usual programming and the like. Enjoy!
1. Salt Beef Bagels and Steak Rainbow Wraps at Little Joe's Deli in Canterbury. | 2. Picking out a Christmas tree snuggled up in my brand new, super warm and uber soft Joules oversized blanket scarf. | 3. Tucking into Pieminster's 'Three Kings' Turkey, Bacon & Parsnip pie which basically tastes like Christmas. | 4. Winter veg outside the greengrocers. | 5. Stunning ruby red pomegranates, again outside the greengrocers, this time on Deal High Street. | 6. A steaming mug of Spiced Apple Tea and my favourite White Company 'Winter' candle in a hot bubble bath.
- I'm totally making these DIY Christmas Cinnamon Spice Tree Decorations this year. Also, these rosemary wreath place cards for the Christmas table.
- America? The Glitter Guide has put together a really handy guide to 12 delivery and box services that make gift giving really, really easy.
- Sarah does Christmas with J.Crew Factory, my favourite website to shop from Stateside.
- This blog post of holiday cookie and brownie ideas is basically all you need for festive baking.
- Refinery 29 has rounded up their favourite holiday products from Trader Joe's. No longer living in California, I feel my Christmases are slightly less without their Dark Chocolate Salted Caramels and Dark Chocolate Coated Peppermint Marshmallows (not included).
- Camille Styles has a really great guide on how to set your holiday table properly.
- PUNCH schools us on how to Winterize classic Summer cocktails.
- Christmas gift idea: how to make a DIY Cinnamon Roll Kit.
- On the topic of DIY Christmas gifts, how to knit a simple mens scarf.
- Tieghan has put together a great guide to making edible holiday gifts in jars.
- Or, a DIY Mulled Wine Kit Gift Basket.
- Also, try these DIY copper dipper candles.
- Vodka and Latke party anyone?
- What a Host Should Know About Alcoholism and Sobriety at the Holidays.
- Also, Sarah has some great tips for staying healthy over the holiday period.
- These Hassleback Tater Tots would make a great holiday canapé.
7. I can admit to being more than slightly obsessed with my new Joules Cottage Herb hand wash I have on my bathroom sink. It smells so good - I've ordered the shower gel and scented candle too! | 8. I threw a pizza party for Freixenet. Click through for my recipes, entertaining and decoration ideas. | 9. December sunrises in the countryside. | 10. Kicking off the festive season with a box of Godiva chocolates. | 11. Big love to Waitrose Food magazine for including another of my Instagrams in their latest issue. | 12. A roaring great fire in the living room.
- My guys at The Debrief were kind enough to list my recipe for Panzanella Salad at the top of their '7 Things To Do With Leftover Bread' roundup.
- 3 West London Eats You'll Really Want To Instagram.
- As ever, Carin's photos are stunning. This time? She's in Rome.
- Have you ever thought about making a savoury, roasted vegetable crumble?
- These photos highlight why I need a holiday on the French Riviera very, very soon.
- My West Coast BFF Nicole's apartment is on Design Sponge. Swoon. I need to visit!
- Emily visits the Compartés Chocolate factory.
- How to trim your store brought flowers to make them last longer.
- An important reminder of why Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- 5 things to avoid when making poached eggs.
- Sam visits a vanilla plantation on Reunion Island.
- 4 leafy day trips you can take from Brisbane.
- A Couple Cooks looks at how to reduce stress with food.
- Carrie went to a spa in Vietnam to relax, eat and cook Vietnamese food. I'm very jealous. Also, I have serious wanderlust after scrolling through her photos from Hoi An.
- I wish I could eat Camembert to eat this Herb & Honey Baked Camembert.
- Kristabel has posted a great mini guide to Porto. The food looks fantastic. Also, she's posted a guide on how to make the most of a holiday in Costa Rica.
- In case you ever wondered how to make homemade liquor out of insects.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm off to help judge Canterbury's Christmas shop windows tomorrow; do any of you have any favourites yet?