Weekly Love: the one where we say goodbye to winter.
1. An absolutely killer Sunday roast at The Standard Inn in Rye. | 2. This month I’ve got a few mustard recipes up on my Substack newsletter ingredient, starting with my Pork Chops with Dijon Cream Sauce. | 3. And speaking of Sunday roasts, my Air Fryer Roast Potatoes are brand new over at BBC Food as part of my new air fryer collection. | 4. From the same collection if you fancy giving cooking your entire meal in the air fryer a go, my Air Fryer Chipotle Peppers and Gnocchi. | 5. And again from that bunch of mustard recipes, if you fancy seafood this weekend you can’t go wrong with my recipe for Mussels Dijonnaise! | 6. My first recipe for brilliant Kent based food halls Macknade is also new online, I urge you to give my Ginger Pork Meatballs with Green Curry Coconut Sauce a go!
- How a travelling salesman became America’s answer to the Michelin guide.
- Okay, I desperately want some Korean Street Toast for breakfast now.
- Also, this is not just a kimchi recipe, it’s a heartwarming genealogy.
- A potted history of the Mexican molcajete.
- How to properly wash a seasoned wok.
- The absolutely best way to cook pork chops. Seriously, this writer tested them all!
- Here is the best method to clean the plastic cup of your blender if it’s gone cloudy.
- So there is a reason why bar spoons are spiralled, and it is very, very cool.
- On Moonshine making in Puerto Rico.
- The internet rarely teaches us something new, but this deglazing idea is pretty clever.
- Also, some brilliant tips for avoiding online shopping scams that look like regular ads.
- I really want one of the new Le Creuset bread ovens.
- Here are all of the brilliant ways to warm corn tortillas for taco night.
- One of the most useful things I’ve ever learnt in a classroom, how to break down a whole chicken.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? It’s my birthday on Monday so I’ll be celebrating in advance with my family as well as trying to fit in a few more hours in the kitchen developing recipes as I’ve got a few deadlines looming!