Weekly Love: Week 153
I think it is safe to say that we have now hit barbecue season in earnest. For the first of my Southern California inspired ‘Sunshine Suppers’ over at Borough Market this Summer, I’ve put together an easy recipe for Barbecue Corn on the Cob with Miso, Coriander and Lime Butter that is great to throw together for the start of a grilled feast. Also, to make life easier for you I’ve gone through and added a ‘Barbecue‘ tag to all of my barbecue recipes in the archives, so you can find them all in one place by clicking here. Happy Grilling!
1. Catching up with old school friends back for the Summer festivities. I had some questions about what I was wearing on Instagram: I’m afraid my dress is an old one I picked up from Ted Baker for a garden party a couple of Summers ago, and my Jaeger wedges date back to when I was actually at school! Though, while my navy Whistles jersey blazer was a sale purchase, they now do a double buttoned version in several different colours which you can find here. | 2. Byron Burger has now opened in Canterbury! I had an absolutely delicious Summer special with a can of their house lager for lunch on opening day, which also doubled as my first experience of the Byron Burger club – full blog post to follow! | 3. Toasting Fathers Day with a bottle of Bouvet Saphir Brut from the Loire Valley the guys at Lay and Wheeler were kind enough to pop over to me. | 4. More goodies to get me through the week, Strawberry Dusted Truffles the team at Charbonnel et Walker sent over to me along with the ingredients for an upcoming recipe post – stay tuned! | 5. Escaping from the heat by reading Waitrose Kitchen in the swimming pool. | 6. Fragrant peaches and apricots for sale by the roadside.
- Gray Malin has photographed animals at The Parker in Palm Springs. The results are amazing.
- Lucy has put together a simply stunning holiday guide to Puglia on Italy’s Salento Coast.
- The Everygirl has put together an informative guide to understanding the Greek debt crisis.
- Tania has shot some beautiful photos in the fields of Southern France. Also, she takes us around her local French market, which makes me hanker after mine in Brittany.
- Speaking of France, I basically pinned every picture in Lindsay’s Paris trip post.
- Refinery 29 looks into Los Angeles’ crazy history of cults.
- Liv has some great tips on optimising your Instagram.
- Jacintha took the most amazing foodie trip to the Dordogne Valley. Also, she’s found me the perfect hotel to stay in the next time I visit Iceland.
- Can I please go and stay in this hotel in Morocco please?
- David Lebovitz visits the Le Creuset factory. Also, I found his piece on how the French make Cherry Leaf Wine really interesting – something I’m going to try myself at home for sure.
- What To Cook Tonight have posted a stunning (as usual) photo diary from Italy.
- Nicole went hiking along the Na Pali Coast. Needless to say her pictures are mesmerising. Also, her guide to Kauai is equally as wanderlust provoking.
- Food 52 takes us on a foodie tour of Coastal Maine. Also, they’ve run through many ingredients found in all our kitchens, and found out if we should refrigerate them or not.
- The Everygirl have put together a New York City coffee guide.
- How to help decorate your boyfriends house.
7. The sun going down over Canterbury Cathedral Cloisters. | 8. Throwing together a last minute Eton Mess for dessert in some tall ice cream glasses (I have these ones) with local Kent strawberries, cream leftover from making strawberry ice cream and some leftover homemade meringue. | 9. The beautiful golden sunrise at 5am on Ballaugh Shore, Isle of Man. | 10. Fresh juices at Chegworth Valley at Borough Market. | 11. Lemon butter poached fish at The Griffin’s Head in Chillenden. | 12. A fantastic tip for veggies on the barbecue, baby peppers are fantastic griddled whole, just brushed with a little olive oil.
- Molly spent a week in Los Angeles and she saw the city in a totally different way than I did. It just goes to show how we all have a totally unique world view.
- Also, why did I not discover this L.A. doughnut guide when I was there the other month?!
- 5 Common Homemade Ice Cream Issues (& How to Fix Them).
- How to hide a vertical image for Pinterest in a WordPress blog post.
- Cupcakes & Cashmere has posted a fantastic copper piping clothing rail DIY.
- America? PUNCH has featured the chilled red wines you need to be drinking right now.
- Also, The Kitchn has found us the 5 best Trader Joe’s wines to drink with pizza.
- In other The Kitchn/ homemade pizza news they’ve put together a handy guide on absolutely everything you need to know growing your own basil at home, and a round up of 9 different homemade pizza dough recipes to suit any cooking time.
- Claire has found the ultimate Mexican joint to visit for lunch in New York.
- Wired’s piece on why Apple are ditching the Helvetica font in favour of their own design is both interesting, and actually quite funny if you remember that it is fonts they’re talking about.
- I’m very jealous of Rumi Neeley’s chic L.A. home re-design by Homepolish.
- My insanely talented photographer friend Nicole recently traveled to Thailand.
- Cygnet Kitchen’s simply stunning Elderflower, Lemon and Mascarpone Cake would make the perfect party showpiece this Summer, and has found a place at the top of my to bake list.
- London? There is apparently an actual bar inside a tube station on the Bakerloo line.
- I actually found this guide how to shop at a farmers market like a chef really useful.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m just spending a quiet one at home with my family, cooking up a few recipes from some books I’ve recently acquired and for some upcoming columns, project and features, and making the most of all the beautiful sunshine!