Weekly Love: Week 209
They never tell you all of the things that can go wrong as a grown up. Yes you get to sleep in on weekends and drink wine on a weeknight, but fridges fill up with water that you’ve got to figure out how to fix, and kitchen sinks collapse because they were not fitted properly getting dirty water all over the kitchen floor. If, like me you’ve had a few days that reflect the latter, rather than the former, treat yourself. There has to be something on your Amazon wishlist that you can prime to make your weekend that much better? I’m going to be enjoying Nigella’s brilliant new book I got this week, but here is some more inspiration by way of three items from my wishlist: Nadiya’s British Food Adventure, Los Angeles Cult Recipes & Milly’s Real Food.
1. Autumn leaves in Sandwich. | 2. Cured egg yolks in avocado boats at the launch of Nadine Levy Redzepi’s brilliant new book Downtime. There is so much from this book I want to make, and the Spicy Chicken Liver Pasta an the Hazelnut Praline Cake that have already graced my kitchen were simply divine. | 3. Bacon, egg, crispy onion and spicy mayo brioche rolls at The Naughty Egg in Canterbury. | 4. Matcha gelato, red bean paste and mochi bubble waffles at Bubblewrap in Chinatown. | 5. Ripe red apples outside the greengrocer on Deal High Street. | 6. My first ever UK Glossier order: Coconut Balm Dot Com (a delicious, really effective lip balm – really recommended), Boy Brow (still getting used to this one), Milk Jelly Cleanser (I think I’m in love, lovely face wash, and takes all my makeup off!), Priming Moisturiser (does exactly what it says on the tin, I’ve been obsessed with this stuff for a couple of years) and Priming Moisturiser Rich (beautiful thick version of the Priming Moisturiser, great if like me you get dry skin easily!) You can get 10% off of your first order if you click here.
- Everywhere that is not America? This is how you mix your own pumpkin spice at home.
- Kelly has some great tips for throwing an autumn dinner party.
- Mulia has the lowdown on everywhere you should eat in Zurich.
- Rose is a genius as she reminds us all that we can make tacos out of fish fingers.
- Also, she stayed at Gleneagles and now I want another Scottish holiday!
- And, she’s found the most dreamy way of spending an autumn morning in Battersea.
- Yaya and Lloyd have found the 11 temples you must visit if you’re in Bali.
- Julia has put together a beautiful mini New York guide. I want to eat everything she ate.
- Also, she has been enjoying the autumn leaves and pumpkins in New England.
- These are the best towns to visit in America if you love Halloween.
- Apparently we all need to be adding cream cheese to our banana bread recipes.
- This is how to stop your carved pumpkin from rotting for a week or two more.
- Also, these DIY alcohol ink pumpkins are simply beautiful.
- And, this is how to clean and toast the seeds from your pumpkin for snacking.
- Claire went to the Burghley Horse Trials and her photos have made me resolve to visit more bits of the English countryside that I’m not actually from.
- Amy has some great tips on how to choose a good bottle of wine.
- And, Emily has gone to an expert to get us three tips on how to make better homemade pizza.
- These are apparently the most common food items left behind in Airbnb’s. As someone who used to run luxury holiday cottages, I totally agree with all of this.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m just looking forward to some quiet relaxed time at home! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates.