Weekly Love: Week 158
Happy Autumn everyone! Welcome to the season for cashmere jumpers that can be worn without a coat, cozy scarves, cute ankle boots and big glasses of red wine. While the leaves are still on the trees they’re starting to turn beautiful auburn shades in patches, and golden ruby light has been streaming through my bedroom windows from the blood red sunrise as I get ready for the work in the mornings. It is also the season for long and luxurious hot baths, preferably on a Sunday afternoon with Lush’s Floating Island bath melt (white so it does not stain my cream bathroom carpet), which leaves me so relaxed my limbs are like jelly.
1. Perfect Pomegranate White Iced Tea on Deal seafront from Hope & Lane. | 2. Weekend bath time with white chocolate Kinder Bueno (#ad) and my current candle, Freesia by Diptyque. I’ve been especially enjoying this beautiful floral scent because it only cost me £15, as I had a £25 voucher from my Liberty loyalty card to spend. It is free to sign up and there is a great return, so I’d really recommend it! | 3. Shooting ahead of the harvest at Barnsole Vineyard at Staple, near Canterbury. I can’t wait for their new website to launch next Spring along with their first English sparkling wine – I’ve done all of their promotional photography! | 4. A perfect Neapolitan from That’s Amore Pizza Co. at Canterbury Food Festival. | 5. Perfect avocado and bacon toast at KITCH in Canterbury, flipping through a few healthy eating cookbooks I don’t have on my shelves. | 6. A Sweet Potato Dumpling with a Pomegranate, Mango and Ginger Extract as part of The Ambrette‘s immune boosting Autumn tasting menu, a full review to follow later this month.
- Why did I not go to this first night at Hogwarts themed supper club?
- Speaking of supper clubs, Refinery 29 has put together a round up of London’s best – I can totally endorse Uyen Luu’s supper club, amazing food and atmosphere.
- Kate has some great tips for tidying up your computer. My Macbook may or may not have crashed the other week because I’d let the hard disk get totally full.
- Kate also takes us to Scandinavia – I want to go shopping in Copenhagen now! (Part 2)
- Yet more from Kate, she has some great tips on styling shelves in your home.
- Tania’s photos of the end of a French Summer really capture the spirit of the whole thing.
- Food 52 have put together a great guide to Iceland. I can totally endorse it as a destination!
- Also, Food 52 tested 5 of the internets most popular ‘magic’ recipes.
- Into The Gloss sits down with Deborah Lippmann to talk about how she got started in nails, how Cher chose her nail polish bottle and about her everyday beauty routine.
- Anthony Bourdain’s 8 surefire tips to cure a hangover (he’d know!)
- I’m particularly in love with this totally classy Autumn outfit from Classy Girls Wear Pearls.
- Style Me Pretty Living has some great tips for cozying up your home for Autumn.
- America? Here is a great visual guide to the seven different types of tinned tomato that you can buy in the grocery store.
7. A pitch perfect Pear Tart Tatine with Elderflower Custard at The Compasses Inn at Crundale, near Canterbury. | 8. Afternoon walks through the countryside in the Autumn sunshine. | 9. Infused waters in the Boohoo Lounge at The Apartment where I stopped in for meetings during London Fashion Week. | 10. A platter full of post-work starters at Thai Time in Sandwich. | 11. This is just one of the two wheelbarrows of squashes we’ve grown to gorge on this Autumn. Recipe suggestions would be much appreciated! | 12. Roast Octopus, Chickpeas and Aioli to start at John Doe in Westbourne Grove.
- Brisbane? This is where you need to go for your pulled pork rolls and cider.
- Cupcakes & Cashmere has a great primer for the first time ceviche maker.
- Molly’s bonfire eggs baked inside potatoes are the best new idea ever.
- Okay, so who is going to make me this Kentucky Mudslide Cake?
- I’ve been more than a little bit in love with these Autumn J.Crew boots since I found them on Pinterest. I’d have ordered them already if I did not already have a similar pair!
- Also on the shopping front, what do you all think of this duvet cover from Emma Bridgewater?
- Refinery 29 had a law student fact check How To Get Away With Murder. It’s a fun read, though I think she forgets that the show is supposed to be entertainment!
- Olivia has posted a great mini guide to Margate.
- I find it really interesting to read the yearly reports from A Beautiful Mess on the state of their business. I’m also super excited for their new iPhone app.
- Now it is October, I’ve started adding to my ‘Fright Night’ Pinterest board prepping for Halloween. Also, I’m slightly in love with some of the images I’ve been curating for my ‘Autumn Style File’ board that Farfetch have been kind enough to sponsor.
- I really want to make Tess’ Thai Green Curry with Sweet Potato.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m going to be cooking up a storm this weekend for a very exciting project I’ve just started work on. Hopefully the weather will hold so I’ll manage to fit in a good number of country walks too!