Weekly Love: Week 159
I’m officially in hunt of all things snuggly. On Monday I somehow managed to get absolutely frozen to the bone, and it took forever to get warm again. As a result, since I’ve been seeking fuzzy bed socks, big bowls of roasted vegetable soup and I’ve dug out my UCLA Alumni sweatshirt which is only just too big for me to be super comfortable to throw over my pyjamas in the evening. I’ve also switched to my thicker, Winter duvet. Please tell me that I’m not the only one who has different duvets for Summer and Winter?
1. Stomping around the farm in my favourite purple Hunter wellingtons. | 2. Planning my upcoming Autumn/ Winter blog posts in my Bloggers Planner. They are customisable, and my favourite features so far are the pages where I can plan out my posts and make sure I have not forgotten to put them on social media, my stats tracker I fill in at the end of every month, and the fact you can choose which month of the year you can start it on. | 3. Crisp Autumn afternoon walks through the Kentish countryside. | 4. Baking party rings from James Morton’s How Baking Works – they went down a storm in the office! | 5. Pumpkins stacked up on Deal High Street. | 6. Sunday morning brunching on Chilaquiles made from Mexican leftovers – we’d had fajitas the night before!
- Tess has some great tips for throwing a stress free dinner party.
- I really need to try these delicious looking ceviche sushi hand roll hybrids.
- Carrie has written the perfect mini guide to Brussels. Liv was traveling with her, and has also posted her own guide, which is equally as awesome.
- Bloglovin’s ‘5 Reasons Why No One’s Reading Your Blog’ contains some blogging advice that in the current over-saturation of ‘how to’ blogging post, you still might not have read yet.
- Amy has made chocolate rum truffles with coconut milk. Enough said.
- Rose’s photos from Little Viet Kitchen in Islington make me want all the Vietnamese food.
- Also on Rose’s blog, she partakes in one of my favourite Autumn weekend activities, picking blackberries for crumble and sloes to make sloe gin (you can find my recipe here).
- This Apple & Thyme Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream is the ultimate Autumn showstopper. Bookmarked in my ‘to bake’ file, for sure!
- For those of you who don’t work in politics and therefore don’t get to go inside some of the simply stunning buildings we use as offices in Westminster, Jacintha took some stunning photos inside the gorgeous Foreign & Commonwealth office at Open Houses London.
- The Kitchn schools us on how to fold wonton dumplings.
- If you’re ever in Sydney in October, you need to hit up Night Noodle Markets.
- Healthy Caramel Apples? Yes, Tieghan made it happen.
7. A delicious working lunch at KIN in Clerkenwell (full review to follow next week!) | 8. Yet more beautiful Autumn, Kentish countryside light. | 9. Maple Pecan Rolls with Homemade Maple Caramel from this months Waitrose Food magazine. | 10. On Wednesday I previewed all of the goodies Marks & Spencer will have in store this Christmas, and I’m now super excited. These beautiful pearls are actually salmon mousse – perfect for a festive starter. They’ll cost £6 for two. | 11. Roaring fire in my local pub. | 12. Obligatory boot/ floor selfie on the beautiful tiles at Enoteca Rabezzana in Barbican.
- Coddled eggs on top of silky smooth mashed potato for brunch anyone?
- I picked up these snuggly new pyjama bottoms in Marks & Spencers over my lunch break last week, and they’re my new favourite thing to change into when I get home. Only £16, too!
- Ashlae has put together a great guide to Stockholm.
- Massive love to Amy for including me along with an awesome line up in her ‘8 British Food Bloggers You Should Be Following’ post.
- How have I only just realised that the Emma Bridgewater website has an ‘Outlet’ section? Also, if you have never ordered with them online before and you use this link, you’ll get £10 off!
- Former prisoners watch Orange Is The New Black. (via Amy)
- Style Me Pretty goes behind the scenes of a food blog I adore: A Couple Cooks.
- I’m more than just a little bit obsessed with these Saucy Chicken Sandwiches with Pomegranate Barbecue Sauce (!) and Crunchy Apple Slaw.
- 10 ways to use up a leftover can of coconut milk.
- Joy schools us on how to make fruit sugars.
- I’d like this beautiful white country kitchen please. Thank you.
- I think this Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta Pie is pure genius.
- Because we need a new and exciting pumpkin soup recipe every Autumn: Thai Pumpkin Laksa with Crunchy Fried Chickpeas.
What have you been enjoying this weekend, and what do you have planned for the weekend? Aside from my usual kitchen experiments, I’ve got a work thing this evening that means dressing up, which I’m actually rather looking forward to – I genuinely don’t think that I’ve worn a formal dress in over a year, and I have these snazzy new heels from Boden I’ve been waiting to give an outing to.