Weekly Love: Week 186
I’ve got some really really stupidly exciting news for you all, but it is going to have to wait until next week. I could tell you now, but I want all the final touches to be ready before the grand unveiling. And besides, when I’ve waited the past 12 months to tell you all, I think I can wait another couple of days. For now, make yourself a nice mug of tea and sit down to enjoy this weeks links and photo round up, and to try and guess what on earth I’m going on about. Answers on a postcard please (or in the comments section!) Oh, and for those of you who actually know me in real life and know what I’m so excited about, please don’t tell so I can be the one to give the game away! (Oh, and if you want to be the first to know, please sign up to my monthly newsletter, as I’ll be sending a blast out to all my subscribers before I post anything up here!)
1. Eating the most fantastic street pizza at the Canterbury Festival from That’s Amore! Pizza Co. | 2. Breakfasting on my favourite dish at The Skinny Kitchen in Canterbury yet: a delicious smoky baked egg pot with sweet potato, feta and a lovely warm toasted wrap (and obviously my favourite Skinny Bunny smoothie!) | 3. Stopping to shoot the obligatory Liberty London flower display Instagram. | 4. Running around London in my favourite Nike trainers: super stylish, yet really light so they weigh barely anything in my bag if I’m slipping in and out of heels. | 5. Tucking into the delicious box of Milk Caramel Praline Sea Salt Truffles Charbonnel et Walker sent me for Bonfire Night. | 6. Christmas is coming on Deal High Street with mountains of clementines starting to pile up outside the greengrocers.
- PUNCH, on why ordering the house wine is no longer necessarily a bad thing.
- I love Lucky Peach’s illustrated guide to Winter Squash.
- Introducing Hats by Olivia, which I need in my life next Summer.
- Julia’s photos from Vermont in the Fall are basically full on Autumn. She’s posted more here. And so are Rose’s photos from their roadtrip, which I’m rather jealous of.
- Julia has also been to Boston. I need to do an Autumn trip to that part of the world (and here is her 24 hour guide of some great places to eat and beautiful places to visit). Oh, and you need to see their snaps from Woodstock (Vermont again). Obsessed.
- Elodie has put together the ultimate Advent Calender roundup.
- My favourite beauty blog, Into The Gloss has compiled a list of the top 25 products right now.
- Mani has taken some beautiful photos at the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto. Also, more from her fascinating study abroad year in Japan: a post about all of the food she’s been eating! And, her simply stunning snaps from the Fushimi Inari Shrine.
- Also, here are all the snack foods people enjoy around the world. Swooning over Japan.
- This is how to make homemade, tinned style alphabetti spaghetti.
- Joy takes us on a tour of her stunning new place in New Orleans. Remembering her old Venice cottage in Los Angeles, it is amazing to see her new base.
7. Beautiful Autumn foliage outside the greenhouse. | 8. Taking the new menu at The Diner for a test drive: my picks? The corn dogs and red velvet pancakes with berry compote and cream cheese frosting. | 9. Rewarding myself for putting up with delayed trains at St. Pancras with Godiva chocolate strawberries. | 10. This year’s family pumpkin carving competition. Sadly my cheshire cat pumpkin lost. | 11. Friday night family dinner at Thai Time in Sandwich. | 12. My favourite ‘happened here’ sign in Middle Street, Deal.
- The Everygirl has some great tips on how to bounce back from job rejection.
- Mulia spent a day out eating around Kent, and took some beautiful photos in Canterbury.
- I’ve been swooning over the photos from Olivia’s Venice trip. Here is her 48 hour guide.
- Jane shows us some simply stunning natural landscapes in Tasmania.
- Jacintha got bitten by a poisonous spider in the Amazon jungle.
- I want to head back to Los Angeles and throw a farmers market mash up dinner party.
- A few tips on how to save money when you’re off to do the weekly food shop.
- Megan has a habit of booking the worlds most beautiful hotels. This one is in Ubud.
- I’m all about the Korean food at the moment, so I really want to try this Kimchee Tofu Stew.
- America? Here are 10 super stylish wine glasses that can go in the dishwasher. Also, here are the best online sales you can shop this weekend.
- Fashionista has taken a more detailed look into what exactly makes an ‘influencer’.
- Here are 5 mistakes to avoid when you’re making mashed potatoes.
- Lucy takes us on a colourful tour of Copenhagen.
- I now have this step by step guide on how to shuck oysters bookmarked.
- Yes to these DIY spatter napkin rings.
- Carrie was in Paris, and here are five new addresses she recommends for your next trip.
For more delicious links, as well as mini cookbook reviews, pro-tips, seasonal eats and a few other surprises, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter which goes out the first Sunday of every month. What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?