Weekly Love: Week 212
Why is it that I may finally see some snow this morning (having missed the last round of white while I spent a lovely and relaxing week in France eating, drinking, reading, watching films and playing Monopoly – more on that in a few upcoming blog posts) when it might be the least convenient? I’m back to London this afternoon, and the last thing I need is the wrong type of snow on the train tracks so I don’t make it all the way to St. Pancras! Not least because when I finally get there I’ll be switching advent calendars (I have two this year!) and I’ll have 15 days worth of Cadbury Heroes chocolate to enjoy in front of the television tonight!
1. Mummy/ Daughter pizzas at Chapter Canterbury. | 2. Judging the 2017 Canterbury Christmas Windows. | 3. A bottle of wine by the fire at my favourite creperie in Brittany. | 4. Beautiful Christmas lights in Canterbury. | 5. Langoustines for lunch at the simply flawless Auberge de la Cour Verte in Dol de Bretagne, Brittany. | 6. Daddy made one of my favourite and his speciality in France, Hot King Prawns in Garlic Butter (click here for his recipe!)
- Jane has taken some fantastic photos in Budapest.
- Thomas shares some great photography tips for beginners. Also, Mike has done a great food photography step by step using the same recipe in each shot.
- Kate has some great tips for getting a little headspace to feel better in yourself.
- Chriselle Lim talks to Fashionista about the evolution of the digital influencer.
- Rose spent a cozy weekend on the Danish coast and now I really want to go!
- Here are the best Harry Potter themed Christmas decorations.
- These homemade simple syrups (with cocktail recipes) would make the perfect gifts.
- For Small Business Saturday, Victoria local Angie takes us around her favourite small shops and haunts so we can get to know the area most of us think of as a train station.
- The amount of free stuff Racked gets given in 6 months is staggering.
- Everything you ever needed to know about making simple syrups for cocktails.
- Apartment Therapy takes us on a tour of Joy The Baker’s New Orleans Bakehouse home.
- Joy also has a great crepe paper poinsettia tutorial for the holiday season.
- What this photographer learnt in her first year as a business owner.
- Anne-Sophie has put together a great itinerary for spending a day in Berlin.
- Here are 9 awesome brow gels out there – I need one, and love Boy Brown right now!
- This is how to properly open and pour prosecco so you never waste another drop.
- This is the ultimate guide to visiting mainland Greece.
- Immy’s post contains all of the Sloe Gin cocktails, in case you’ve made your own this year!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m looking forward to a lazy one this weekend in London, tomorrow working on something very exciting for the New Year, and perhaps doing a bit of festive baking because I realise I’ve been so busy this year I’ve not nearly shared enough festive recipes with you all yet! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates.