Weekly Love: the one happening on day 40 of self isolation
1. Throwback to the stunning wisteria at Fulham Palace last year. | 2. One of my old favourites over at BBC Food that is absolutely perfect for right now: Gnocchi with Crispy Bacon & Spinach Pesto. | 3. A first look at one of my favourite recipes and photographs from my upcoming second cookbook One Pan Pescatarian (ad) and a little explanation of why we’ve decided to delay the publication until July 9th. | 4. A new recipe over at BBC Food, my Korean Kimchee Pancake. | 5. And another golden oldie perfect for these times: Tinned Tuna Fishcakes. | 6. Glorying in the carpets of woodland bluebells every time I go for a walk.
- I did not know this: apparently you can make a no-knead sourdough loaf. (This is how I make my sourdough starter!)
- Okay, so has anyone else tried freezing your eggs before you fry them??
- Eater London has published an interesting long read on the future of restaurants in a post (or more likely during) coronavirus world.
- Can’t find meat at the supermarket (or is this just me?) Here are some great tips for transitioning to more of a plant-based diet.
- Are you a creative who is really into podcasts? Kristabel has put together a roundup of all the episodes getting her through the lockdown.
- Here are some great tips for drying herbs by yourself at home.
- These are the top recipes, by country, people have been searching for on Pinterest since this all started: TRUTH that we Brits need flour and egg alternatives!
- Here are some of the best online cooking classes and courses you can take at the moment.
- Back in the real world: Kristabel does a deep dive into the real cost of moving house in London.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? I’m going to try and make the most of the sunshine by spending time outside before all the rain starts next week!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!