Weekly Love: Week 136
I’ve been watching loads of amazing Aussie television at the moment. I’ve already shared my love for Zumbo’s Just Desserts over on Netflix, but if you’re also a subscriber and you’ve already binged all of the new episodes of OITNB (I’ve been quite good and I’m only 3 episodes in!) Secret City is an amazing political/ murder mystery thriller about corrupt politicians, the intelligence services, investigatory journalism and Chinese spies – they’re making a second season at the moment. Completely changing gears, Glitch starts in a small town graveyard where people who have died start waking up and exploring the town, including the local police officer’s wife who died of cancer – not for everyone, but I enjoyed it! Moving to shows that have made it onto regular UK TV, The Heart Guy (known as Doctor Doctor down under) is my favourite show at the moment, with one of the creepy dead guys from Glitch as a attractive party boy Sydney heart surgeon is sent to work in the small town he grew up in. Very funny, and very entertaining. Also, has anyone started watching Harrow, the one with the pathologist? Unsure except for that massive twist at the end of episode one which has me curious!
1. Relaxing for a few days and escaping the heat of the city at my parent’s home in Kent. | 2. A fantastic lunch of Levantine small plates and Middle Eastern-inspired cocktails at Ceru in Soho – review coming soon! | 3. Running errands over the weekend in the shadow of Canary Wharf’s skyscrapers. | 4. Chilling in the pub garden at our local riding out the heatwave with 2 for £10 happy hour Hugo cocktails. | 5. Wishing I’d got some of these amazing aperitif nibbles when I was in Sarlat market in May. | 6. One of the best breakfasts I’ve had in ages at Manuka Kitchen in Fulham – their French Toast is officially amazing!
- I’m over at Refinery 29 sharing three of my favourite cheap and easy desk lunches.
- Ed talks where you should be eating in London at the moment (especially outside!)
- We all need to be adding apricots with goats cheese and almonds to our summer cheeseboards.
- Mulia has put together a guide to the best tapas bars in Bilbao.
- Emily has some great tips for entertaining outside of your own home.
- Julia’s photos from Seville are simply stunning. As are her photos from Italy.
- Also, she’s put together a great (USA) guide to buying basket bags.
- Matt has some great app recommendations for Alexa to make your life easier.
- 10 things you don’t want to miss when you visit Brabant in the Netherlands.
- Angie went to stay on the Goodwood Estate and now I’m craving an English country getaway!
- Also, she spent a delicious, and colourful 24 hours in Barcelona.
- The Kitchn schools us on Lillet, my favourite vermouth / aperitif.
- Have you ever heard of ice wine? These are the best vineyards for it to visit in Canada.
- Amber Venz Box on how she set up RewardStyle and LikeToKnow.It.
- The Cupcakes & Cashmere team share their tips for avoiding jet lag.
- Kristabel has put together a beautiful, colourful guide to Whitstable.
- Lucy has found a way to get really cheap flights to New York, and she put together a really colourful, short visit city guide while she was there.
- Glossy looks at how Benefit is getting smart about influencer marketing on Instagram.
- I’ve been doing this for years: why you should buy frozen petite pois rather than frozen peas.
7. Enjoying incredible California deli sandwiches at Hellmann’s Soho pop up. | 8. Gazing up at palm trees in the pub garden, not believing that I’m in London not Los Angeles! | 9. Watching the sun go down over the fields in the heart of the Kent countryside.
- Camilla Styles has put together a guide to the perfect week in Tel Aviv.
- Salt and Wind have some great dining etiquette tips when eating out in Italy.
- Also, this writer shares life lessons from her French mother-in-law.
- Frankie has some great food styling tips that don’t involve edible flowers or fresh herbs.
- Blair shares some of her favourite, highly Instagram-able spots in Paris.
- Angie’s is the blog I always look at when I’m looking for an incredible sushi recommendation in London: she’s been to the most traditional looking pop up at The Berkeley.
- Yaya and Lloyd are offering their favourite Lightroom Presets as a free download!
- As predicted, Rose has the most stunning wedding in Italy.
- I now want to host an al fresco mussel party a la HonestlyYUM.
- One Roof Social has really got down to the nitty gritty about what needs to be declared for tax purposes if you’re an influencer. So much useful info in here!
- Carrie has put together some more Amsterdam addresses for the next time you’re in the city.
- How to properly drink Pastis, the French way (even if you don’t like aniseed!)
- What Laura has learnt having her first vegetable garden.
- Gaby has put together a guide to some of the best places to eat and drink in Portland.
- Liv went to stay at The Rectory and I’m now craving yet another English country getaway.
- This Refinery 29 journalist tried to go plastic free in her beauty routine for a week (you can read how I got on with a single-use plastic free food week here!)
- Travellers? This is what you need to know about getting a Russian visa.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m back in London for a couple of days drinking nice cold wine and reading all the new cookbooks I’ve taken out of the library before spending another couple of days in Kent. For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter – which is out this weekend – (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates.