Weekly Love: Week 125
Happy Chinese New Year! May your evening be full of hot pot, homemade prawn toasts, or at least your favourite takeaway (I had some last night, as I’m off out for dinner again tonight!) In totally unrelated news, podcast fans who happen to have an Audible account listen up: for members, they have launched a series of free podcasts, and while it is the only one I’ve listened to so far, 10 episodes in I’m totally hooked onto true crime number West Cork. I’ve also got Stephen Fry talking about the English language and a documentary on the dark web in my queue, and if you’re not a member yet, it is worth signing up for a free trial so you get a month to access these (plus a free Audiobook!) You can do this here.
1. 10/10 lunching on Peruvian seafood at Chicama in Chelsea, review coming soon! | 2. Exploring the Orchid Festival at Kew Gardens. I took so many photos, so again one to look out for. | 3. Shopping for original Harry Potter graphic design prints at the House of Minalima in Soho (see my links below) – be sure to check out more of my snaps from this amazing gallery in my Instagram moments (click here if you’re on mobile!) | 4. Enjoying the amazing, three course, £19 set lunch at Oldroyd in Islington – again, another review to look out for! (I’ve really been winning on the content creation front in the last few weeks!) | 5. Getting all dressed up for an incredible Valentines Day dinner at Cafe Murano in St. James. I did not take any pictures, but the food was fantastic – go, and don’t miss out on the risotto and veal plate. | 6. Camilla obstructing bed making by making herself at home on my rainbow blanket.
- If you’re visiting Ålesund for the stunning view of the art deco port, Angie has stayed in the most stunning hotel 45 minutes out of town you must check out.
- The Kitchn has some great tips for converting recipes for your slow cooker.
- Jessica takes us on a fascinating behind the scenes of her cookbook cover shoot.
- What it is like to audition to be a princess at Disneyworld.
- Rose has found the most incredible place for Harry Potter fans hidden in Soho.
- Claire is always one of my go-to people when I’m looking for a good hotel to stay in, and this time she’s found somewhere quiet, elegant and well located in Paris (!)
- Carrie has put together a great guide to Iceland (perfect for the next time I go!)
- Kelly has done a great investigation into unfollow monitoring apps on Instagram.
- Immy has some great tips on how to deal with a particularly anxious day.
- I am totally down with eating everything Kani ate in Tokyo.
- The Cupcakes and Cashmere team share 50, totally doable, small things you can add to your day to make it just that little bit brighter.
- Shopstyle has put together a great guide on how to pitch to brands as a blogger.
- I want to use this woven jute mat tutorial to make something nice for my kitchen floor.
- Amy has put together an Instagrammers guide to the best coffee shops in Leeds.
- Mani has visited the most incredible art installation in Sydney where dinosaurs are made out of discarded plastic children’s toys.
- Also, these are 5 surprising things she discovered while visiting Thailand.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m in Kent tonight for dinner at one of my absolute favourites with my favourite group of old school friends, before heading back to London for the beginning of the new week! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates.