Weekly Love: Week 161
Cooking for the season is just as much about using Autumnal colours as Autumnal flavours. This month in my Borough Market column I’ve charted my adventures in making no-knead pizza dough (if you’ve made no-knead bread before, no it is not as easy as it sounds) in order to make this No-Knead Wild Mushroom, Caramelised Onion and Ricotta (my new pizza and toast topping obsession) Pizza. It is made in a sharing size, and is perfect topped off with an indulgent drizzle of truffle oil. Yes, I’m the person who has turned up at someones home as a guest with a little bottle of white truffle oil as a gift for my host, rather than a bottle of wine.
1. A steaming mug of Spiced Apple Tea in this adorable mug the team at Joules popped over to me, featuring Peggy the Hen. | 2. A sort of Full English breakfast featuring homemade hash browns, and whatever I happened to have in the fridge. | 3. Autumn leaves falling thick and fast on the trees. | 4. Shooting something of an Asian persuasion for the blog next week. | 5. Crisp and crunchy Kentish apples outside the greengrocers on Deal High Street. | 6. Editing photos with a pineapple and sage mojito in hand at No. 11 Pimlico Road.
- I want Molly’s yogurt and za’atar covered eggs in a basket for breakfast every day please.
- On the topic of eggs, you can bake an egg in a bagel. This is utter genius.
- Also, I now want to have breakfast at The Ivy Cafe.
- Chilaquiles is one of my favourite breakfasts, and here is how to make them in a skillet.
- 3 stove simmers to make your home smell like the holidays.
- Tania has perfectly captured Autumn in Richmond, a part of London I’ve loved the few times I’ve visited, and that I really need to explore more.
- And more Autumn in London pictures you need to look at, this time from Claire.
- Moving out of London, Rose’s photos also show why I adore Autumn in the English Countryside. In other news, I’m far too jealous of Rose’s campfire breakfast. (And dinner!)
- How to Write a Resume With Little or Irrelevant Experience.
- The Glitter Guide’s newest contributor Ashley shares what she has got out of her study abroad in Italy. The year I spent studying abroad in Los Angeles really changed my life, and if you every get the opportunity to do so I’d recommend you grab it with both hands.
- Jacquelyn’s got some great, thought through blogging tips I can really get behind.
- What’s the Difference Between Steel-Cut, Rolled, and Instant Oats?
- How to rescue a badly balanced homemade salad dressing.
- Kate takes us behind the scenes of her recipe development for her upcoming cookbook, Love Real Food, which I am really, really excited for.
- Kristabel takes us to Portugal.
7. Super beautiful and festive Christmas lights on Carnaby Street. | 8. Remembering the fallen at King’s Cross Station. | 9. Post-Spectre beer and burgers at Byron in Canterbury. Now officially in love with their sweet potato fries. | 10. Lusting after all of the French cheese at No Name Shop in Sandwich. | 11. Prepping wild mushrooms for my Borough Market pizzas. | 12. Roast bone marrow, farmhouse toast and gremolata. The perfect Autumn lunchtime staple.
- Olivia has some great tips for getting in the right frame of mind for a good nights sleep.
- How to make a cranberry wreath for your front door over the holidays.
- 5 mistakes to avoid when making homemade meatballs.
- Yes, yes and yes to these Salted Caramel Mini Apple Pies.
- What Those Symbols On Your Beauty Products Actually Mean.
- Jacqulin went to San Francisco, and reminded me why I need to go back to the city.
- London? This is where you need to go for a bottomless Japanese brunch this weekend.
- I really want to try this cushion DIY.
- I’ve poached salmon in white wine before, but have you ever thought of roobios tea?
- When (and why) is raw fish safe to eat?
- I’m not a cider fan, so I’m afraid I’ll never be sharing a mulled cider recipe with you all. So, here is Rose’s delicious looking recipe instead!
- Like me, do you swear by Pyrex mixing bowls? This is how they’re made in Pennsylvania.
- The Kitchn asks if eggs with blood spots in are safe to eat.
- Style Me Pretty goes behind the scenes in the simply beautiful L.A. studio of one of my favourite photographers, Gray Malin.
- How to Revive Wilty, Droopy, Squishy Vegetables.
- Into The Gloss chats makeup and beauty with Shay Mitchell.
- 10 food and shopping hotspots you need to know in Stockholm.
- Lucy’s Brisbane travel guide from her recent Aussie trip has given me serious wanderlust.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?