Weekly Love: Week 129
For those of you who never watched it or missed a season, everyone is really excited at the moment that the original seasons of The Great British Bake Off (aka the ones with Mary Berry in them) are now on Netflix. However, I want to let you know about another, Bake Off-style baking show I’ve been binging and I’ve just finished: Zumbo’s Just Desserts. It’s an Aussie version of Bake Off (hosted by Rachel Khoo and famous Australian pastry chef Adriano Zumbo) focusing on patissier style cakes and desserts, which is basically Bake Off on speed with some of the most complex, beautiful and bonkers desserts out there. Queue it ready for when the heatwave breaks and we’re all forced back inside again after these beautiful few days!
1. Dinner at my parents house in Kent at golden hour (returning my car so I don’t have to park it on my excessively expensive street!) | 2. A fantastic scoop of Mint Aero Gelato from the Luxury Ice Cream Company in York. | 3. Enjoying the best of spring with some beautiful blush pink roses. | 4. Lunchtime visits to Chinatown. | 5. Cherry blossoms out in full force inside the walled garden at Fulham Palace. | 6. York Minster Cathedral in the early evening light.
- Over at Glendon Studios, I’m letting you know what you need top know about sponsored post disclosure the one place we don’t talk about: Pinterest.
- Also, I’ve written a post about why using long pins to promote your blog content may not actually be that great, but why you should still do it anyway.
- And, here is another on why Instagram’s removal of their public API means influencers should sign up for an Instagram business profile ASAP.
- Claire has taken some stunning photos that really capture the colours of Marrakech.
- While it is just scratching the surface, she’s also been snapping all over India.
- Now I want to marinade everything, especially chicken, in mayonnaise.
- Kelly went to what is probably one of the most Instagrammable restaurants in Paris, and fantastic news: the food and cocktails are actually great too! Also, she’s put together a great splurge vs. save review of the two Paris hotels she stayed at.
- A Beautiful Mess have some great tips for saving money on home renovations.
- The Everygirl has some great advice for what to do if your significant other loses their job.
- Just as she introduced me as a latecomer (and lover) to matzo brei, Molly Yeh has posted about the joys of matzo pizza, and now I need to make one of these asap.
- Here are some of the best and worst decisions Camille made while starting her business.
- Fashionista asks if influencers are actually influencing where young people travel.
- If, like me you always have a load of dijon mustard in the fridge (somehow, I have two jars, plus one blended with honey at the moment!) here are 15 ways to use it.
- So, apparently I should be keeping a tube of toothpaste in the kitchen.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m looking forward to enjoying the beautiful weather around my little corner of West London, spending as much time out of the house as possible! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates.