Weekly Love: Week 132
I know I should not complain, but I’ve found one of the biggest curses of working for yourself is the really, really busy times feel I think even more overwhelming than if you worked a regular nine to five, because you get the push the boundaries of your downtime more. I love that on days when I’m on top of everything and my workload is light and I’m really not feeling it, I don’t have to do anything if I don’t want to, but then I find myself pining for those times during weeks like these when I’m absolutely run off my feet. Or am I just taking my free days for granted? Anyhow, my being busy means that there are lots of exciting projects in the pipeline – keep an eye out because next week, for example, the blog is being totally taken over by a challenge I’ve been working on this week – going single-use plastic free! Also, this will be a mind bender for those of you not used to magazine editorial deadlines: I will have cooked four Christmas dinners this year before August 31st!
1. Spending time in beautiful, sunny Kent. | 2. Buying masses of berries at the market to eat over yogurt every morning. | 3. Ordering literally everything on the menu at The Compasses Inn in Crundale. | 4. Toasting the long weekend with homemade Aperol Spritz’ by the pond. | 5. Burgers for dinner at The Mitre in Fulham. | 6. Finding new friends on long, country walks.
- Lark & Linen has some great tips for dealing with anxiety.
- Also, Emily chatted to a psychologist for their anxiety beating tips.
- All of the iconic foods you should eat in San Francisco, and where to find them.
- Yaya and Lloyd have put together a great guide to finding the best gelato in Italy.
- Also, they were lucky enough to stay in the most stunning English castle.
- Lottie + Doof have put together a list of everything you should do in New Mexico.
- Angie went on the most incredible wine trip to Argentina.
- Elizabeth through a dreamy, boho backyard dinner and I just love the party prep countdown she included in the post – blogs need to include more real life!
- Kristabel has put together a great guide to spending 48 hours in Berlin.
- Mulia went on a delicious looking food tour of Hyderabad, India.
- The Glitter Guide has a simple checklist for throwing your first garden party.
- The Kitchn has some great tips for grocery shopping ahead of a party.
- Also, they have put together a great guide to what you should keep and what you should throw out of your fridge/ freezer after a power cut.
- And, they’ve put together a handy guide to all the different types of tofu.
- Stephanie and Mike went to las Vegas Uncorked, and now I think I should make more of an effort to go to more restaurant driven food festivals – Taste of London, anyone?
- Jacintha has put together a lazy travellers guide to Melbourne.
- The Gal Meets Glam team share their favourite places to eat in Charleston.
7. Looking back over a fantastic stay at Manoir de Malagorse in South West France. | 8. A simply fantastic feast of small plates at La Goccia, Petersham Nurseries in Covent Garden – full review coming soon! | 9. Putting together some sheet pan chicken fajitas to make for friends over at Refinery 29.
- Kelly, on why switching off when you are on holiday is so important.
- Food 52 takes a look at one of the first restaurant reviews in New York from 1859.
- Lisa has a great recipe for making your own Teriyaki sauce at home.
- Salt and Wind went to an Italian food festival that makes me want all the fried fish.
- My family has always frozen milk for later, but just in case you did not know you could!
- Mani has posted everything she ate in Hawaii and I want that poke. Now.
- Gem has shared the recipes for four, delicious gluten free salad dressings for summer.
- Leslie spent two weeks backpacking around Vietnam with her boyfriend.
- Why have I never thought of squeezing a lime using kitchen tongs before? Genius!
- In other genius kitchen ideas, I need to start using chopsticks for more fridge storage!
- Everything any foodie needs to know about visiting Prince Edward Island.
- Kate has put together a helpful primer on making frittatas.
- This is the hotel you want to stay in if you’re visiting Gstad, Switzerland.
- Chloe Digital has some great app recommendations to enhance your Instagram.
- Apfelwein is the traditional drink you should try the next time you’re in Frankfurt.
- The Everygirl have put together a great guide to visiting Finland.
- Also, they look at if skipping breakfast is actually that bad for you.
- Looking to start a podcast? A Beautiful Mess has launched an online course teaching all the ins and outs – their book proposal course helped me get my first book deal!
- Rose has some great tips for planning a Bachelorette trip/ Hen weekend away.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates.