Weekly Love: the one where I welcome the autumn season in Kent
1. A simply sublime lunchtime tasting menu at The Small Holding, near Cranbrook. Full review coming very soon, but you can see more on my stories – full review coming very soon! | 2. Also with more over on my stories, a beautiful afternoon spent at Biddenden Vineyards, Kent’s oldest vineyard. | 3. Welcoming the new season with a homemade apple tart fin. | 4. Trying to cling on to the last of the summer produce with these amazing peaches and nectarines outside the greengrocers. | 5. A wonderful pub lunch at The Duck Inn in Pett Bottom, with a big bowl of to die for Cornish mussels. You can read my full pub review here. | 6. A brilliant Bank Holiday weekend celebrating a wedding in the beautiful grounds of Stanbrook Abbey.
- Kristabel has put together a brilliant travel guide for Mexico City.
- Carrie took some fantastic photos in Rio de Janeiro.
- Mulia spent what looked like an idilic few days in Varmland, Sweden.
- Manon has put together a brilliant post on what she has learnt about social media in the year she shifted her career to food and content creation following her appearance on the Great British Bake Off.
- Also, Cupcakes & Cashmere’s social media editor has shared some great Instagram tips.
- The Kitchn debunks some dishwasher myths, and provides some tips on *actually* stacking it properly!
- Real talk: girls? If you’re getting beard burn from dating a guy with stubble, Into The Gloss has some tips.
- New students? Tutorful has a great guide to everything you need to pack for uni, including a top cookbook pick from yours truly!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m heading back to London tomorrow, but not before checking out some of the food places on my list in Folkestone, and a big family (Saturday) roast! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!