Weekly Love: the one where I make lots of comfort food for Refinery 29
1. Super autumnal window displays at Lina Stores in Soho. | 2. My 15 Minute Creamy Bacon & Mushroom Gnocchi for Refinery 29 was wildly popular this week on Instagram (so many of you bookmarked it!) and you can find the recipe here. | 3. A Saturday night insta-recipe by way of a Mexican Collins – find the recipe here. | 4. More wonderful autumnal shop displays, this time outside Liberty London | 5. Trying out an awesomely crunchy rice bowl from Big Bao on Leather Lane. | 6. Eating all of the fresh pasta at Lina Stores – full review coming next month!
- I’ve put together three 15-minute comfort food recipes for Refinery 29.
- Kristabel has put together a beautifully colourful travel guide if you’re curious about visiting Lithuania.
- Lisa has put together a great step by step for pleating dumplings.
- Salt + Wind have put together a great, hour by hour 48 hour guide to Genoa.
- If, like me you struggle to find places to eat out with vegan friends, Genesis in Shoreditch looks delicious.
- A quick and interesting history of tonic water.
- Alexandra has some great tips on how to plan your next kitchen renovation.
- Loving the latest home tour and interview with Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere. I like to think her amazing space in Hollywood is what I would have made for myself in Venice if I’d have stayed in L.A.
- Yaya and Lloyd have shared their favourite London Christmas markets.
- Thanh has put together a great step by step for making choux pastry.
- Here are 5 ways to make your Halloween pumpkin last longer.
- Julia has put together a simply stunning guide to London.
- So, apparently all the botanicals in The Botanist gin are hand foraged by just one person!
- A Beautiful Mess has put together a great tutorial for creating a marble effect with fondant icing.
- New York? Rose has found the most amazing diner you simply must visit.
- HonestlyYUM have put together a great guide to the Lake District.
- I’ve recently been getting my first taste of wedding planning as it is my first time being an adult bridesmaid for one of my best friends wedding, and wow it is a lot of work. Rose has therefore put together an excellent guide to wedding planning.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m getting to enjoy the first quiet one for a few weeks so I’m really looking forward to getting down to some brunch baking if I’ve managed to shift the horrid cold I’ve been struck down with at the moment! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates. You’ll also get subscribed to my ‘Friday Finds’ where I send you something fun that you’ll actually find useful in the kitchen every Friday morning.