Weekly Love: the one where I eat out in too many fantastic restaurants
1. Finally making it to the Fordwich Arms, just outside of Canterbury who got their first Michelin star last round. My lamb, off the £35 set menu, was flawless – full review coming soon! | 2. Also from the Fordwich Arms, I can’t stop thinking about my duck liver parfait, served with warm doughnuts. So smooth, so melt-in-the-mouth. | 3. Celebrating 10 years (!) of writing this blog with lunch out at my all time favourite place to eat, The Compasses Inn in Crundale. | 4. Teaching journalists how to create rainbow doughnuts at a Pinterest press event – I’ve posted an easy tutorial here! | 5. A stunning white chocolate mousse with rhubarb done three ways for dessert at The Beacon, Tunbridge Wells. | 6. Back in London, a fantastic date night at Sophie’s in Soho – it was really dark and I have no idea how my photos came out, but fingers crossed I’ll be able to share a review with you soon! But regardless, well worth a visit with great steaks, fantastic sides and cocktails that go down just a little too easily!
- Carlos on the art of the Peruvian sandwich, and where to get the best ones in Lima.
- Bloggers and Influencers? One Roof Social have put together a brilliant, no nonsense guide to the new CMA and ASA regulatory updates that has made me feel a whole lot calmer about it all.
- Yaya and Lloyd have found all the best places to eat in Iceland. A Couple Cooks have done the same for Indianapolis, and Salt + Wind for Frankfurt.
- More from the boys: they’ve taken the most luxurious train journey through Japan.
- Jennifer has put together a great guide to meal planning without spending any money, which I kind of do automatically, but it is great to have written down for you all.
- Also, Allison has some tips on how smart food choices can help you save money.
- The practical girls guide to packing for a ski trip.
- Rachel has some fantastic tips on improving your food photography if layer cakes are your thing (hint: it is actually about the ingredients you use!)
- Also, she has some great tips for iPhone apps you can use to improve your food photography.
- America? The Kitchn has done a taste test with 9 different brands of tinned tomatoes.
- The Kitchn also has shared some great reader tips for cutting down on kitchen mess when you cook.
- Sylvia shares a catering trick for using up crystallised honey that is pure gold.
- Glossy looks at how micro influencers may now be a better deal for big budget ad campaigns.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? After checking out an exciting new pop up in Canterbury I’m off back to London tomorrow and looking forward to some much quieter days over the week ahead! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!