Weekly Love: the one where I spend most of my time dodging the rain
1. Getting to know my denim jacket again over sundresses hiding from the June showers. | 2. Lunch in the greenhouse at Petersham Nurseries – lunch review coming soon! | 3. My dessert at Petersham: a fantastic bowl of chocolate mousse topped with rose petals, a scoop of strawberry ice cream and shards of fresh honeycomb. | 4. The recipe for my Gnocchi with Crispy Bacon & Spinach Pesto is now online on the BBC Food website. | 5. Orange gin and tonics with my parents in their beautiful sunny garden in Kent. | 6. Celebrating 40 years of Macknade Fine Foods in Faversham with a Kentish-Italian feast.
- I’ve bookmarked so many recipes from Food52’s roundup of 36 of the best vegetarian pasta dishes.
- And, they’ve got a fantastic new way of incorporating fresh ricotta into your pasta suppers.
- Also, this Food52 writer took the Anthony Bourdain New Jersey food trail.
- Julia and Thomas took some stunning photos in Mallorca. (Part 2)
- The Kitchn has some great ideas for dealing with kitchen odors; however, if your fridge stinks the answer is not to install a filter – it is to give it a proper, thorough clean – food safety first!
- I’m more than slightly in love with the new Half Baked Harvest studio kitchen.
- Kelly has told the real truth about what freelance life (sometimes!) is like.
- I’m moving next month and I’ll have a bit of garden space, so I was reading Melissa’s tiny herb garden guide in very great detail – I love the idea of putting a bed on wheels so you can chase the sun!
- Mulia shares her favourite coffee shops to work in in London.
- So now I want to start barbecuing cubes of mochi rather than eating wrapped around ice cream.
- Kristabel has put together a great guide if you want to visit Antigua.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? We’re off to Taste of London and I’m so excited! (You can see everything we ate last year here!) For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!