Weekly Love: the one where we party in a beautiful French Château
1. Saying goodbye to the beautiful house that has been our Brittany home for the past 12 years. | 2. Enjoying a wonderful bruschetta in the garden at my favourite pub, The Compasses Inn in Crundale during a beautiful evening hosted by Russell Norman bringing a taste of Venice to the Kentish countryside. | 3. Getting all dressed up to celebrate the French leg of my best friends wedding in a stunning chateau in Brittany.| 4. Enjoying a rose soaked, late night barbecue on the French patio on the hottest day of the year.| 5. Yet another opportunity of bridesmaids photos! | 6. Exploring all the great independent food stores on my new local high street. Going back for some of these tomatoes once I’m back in the city tonight!
- After reading about Yaya and Lloyd’s adventures I want to go and eat everything in Tel Aviv.
- This is how to DIY mascarpone cheese in 10 minutes, with just 2 ingredients.
- Kate has written a great guide if you’re planning on visiting Santa Fe. That Mexican food!
- Rose has written a wonderful post on adult friendships.
- Liv has shared a great 24 hour guide to Palma, Mallorca.
- This is the science behind why you should overcook your pasta salad pasta.
- Paris? David Lebovitz profiles a fantastic new bakery opening.
- Also, here are 10 great, less obvious foodie tips for planning your next Parisian adventure.
- This tutorial is brilliant: how to build a greenhouse. Also, this sand castle cake tutorial.
- Jess has some great tips for travelling in Japan.
- Get excited: David Chang is making a new season of food documentaries for Netflix.
- Yup, I’m now adding Croatia to my bucket list.
- Martha Stewart has a great tip for removing stubborn stickers off of new kitchen items.
- Emiko helped host the most idilic food weekend on a Greek island.
- PUNCH has published a fascinating piece on Britain’s history of mixing things into our beer.
- Katie has written a fantastically detailed, off the beaten track guide it Ireland.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m just going to have a quiet one, exploring our new neighbourhood some more and roasting a chicken from our new local butchers. For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!