Weekly Love: the one that took place thirteen weeks into lockdown
1. Sunny weekend spritz in the garden. | 2. Don’t forget to pick up a copy of Good Housekeeping this month where there is an exclusive preview of 6 recipes from my upcoming cookbook, One Pan Pescatarian (ad), including the very first recipe I wrote for the book, this delicious pan of Dhal Baked Eggs with Chickpeas – soothing, comforting and nourishing, and perfect served ladled into a bowl you can get your hands around with lots of naan on the side for dipping and scooping.| 3. Another favourite of mine from One Pan Pescatarian (ad), my Cheats Dhal Makhani, ready in just 25 minutes and perfect either as a solo supper or as part of an Indian-inspired feast. | 4. New from me over at BBC Food and just perfect for the summer: Butter-roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta. | 5. And over on my Instagram, I’ve posted my recipe for these Greek-style Beef Souvlaki Flatbreads with Homemade Tzatziki in partnership with Hereford Beef – perfect to throw on the barbecue during next weeks heatwave! | 6. And another of my new (and so far incredibly popular) BBC Food recipes: my One Pan Halloumi Veggie Traybake.
- The Kitchn has tested all the best methods for cleaning off burnt on bits from baking trays. I just wrote a cookbook (ad) full of them and I’m telling you, the struggle is real!
- Also, they’ve got a gentle reminder that all of our reusable shopping bags probably really, really need a clean, and some helpful tips for doing so.
- And, they’ve tested all the best ways of washing and drying lettuce leaves – I’m also, totally in camp salad spinner.
- Has anyone else tried making fried chicken in an air fryer? I’ve picked up some wings to give it a go and I’m equal parts excited and dubious.
- Need to place an order for more flour? Matthew Cotswold Flour are currently giving all my readers 10% off their next order using the code BUCKETLISTBAKING10 at checkout.
- Literally everything you wanted to know (and had no idea that you wanted to know) about ice.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? Nothing much as the sun does not arrive until next week, but I’m hoping to finally finish Kingdom of Ash (ad), though a part of me does not want the series to end! (Oh, if you’re looking for your next book recommendation, have you checked out my post of all the brilliant books I’ve read in lockdown so far?)
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!