Weekly Love: the one where we went into lockdown #2
1. Looking for brunch inspiration? Got a splash of double cream you need to use up? Find my easy and indulgent recipe for Turk-ish Baked Eggs on pg 44 of One Pan Pescatarian (ad).| 2. Getting ahead on my 2021 reading list with an advanced copy of Laura Purcell’s fantastic new book The Shape of Darkness – read my review here, and pre-order your copy for all things gothic and ghostly here! (ad)| 3. A fantastic pre-lockdown #2 meal at The Compasses Inn in Crundale. | 4. It’s slow cooker season and you can find my vegan Slow Cooker Mixed Bean Chilli recipe on pg 126 of One Pan. | 5. Or, for a simple supper, why not make my luscious, 5-ingredient Smoked Salmon Spaghetti on pg 192? | 6. Another gothic must read for 2021 I was lucky enough to be given an advanced copy of, Madam by Phoebe Wynne. Check out my review here, and pre-order your copy here! (ad)
- This autumn tablescape – outside and for just six people – is worth the time and effort in recreating to bring a bit of joy into everyday life.
- David has some great tips for looking after yourself in the wave of second lockdowns that is currently spreading across Europe.
- Stephanie and Mike have put together the most comprehensive beginners guide to shopping for, cooking and eating one of my all time favourite food experiences, Korean barbecue, at home, I’ve ever seen.
- For when we all get to travel again: Yaya and Lloyd have shared some beautiful photos of the best places to travel in Northern Italy.
- They’ve also put together a great post literally detailing everything you ever wanted or needed to know about attending Burning Man.
- And, Salt & Wind have some great tips for shopping in Mexico.
- Michelle has put together a great list of small indie businesses to support online this winter.
- Izy gives us a run down of all the best vegan egg substitutes for baking.
- Bookmark this Thanksgiving post for Christmas: how much turkey should you buy / serve per person?
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? We were planning on getting in the car and going down the road for a walk along the beach, but two days of solid rain forecast this weekend means I’ll probably spend it reading and doing a bit of writing!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!