Weekly Love: the one where we went into lockdown #3
1. My Vegan Black Bean Enchiladas that everyone is going wild over over at BBC Food. | 2. Making the most of the seasons bounty and preparing a blood orange recipe for you all on Monday that is as beautiful as it is delicious!| 3. Happy Friday! At the end of last year I was honoured to get to write BBC Food’s Challah recipe, which is now online!| 4. This Tomato & Root Veggie Casserole from One Pan Pescatarian (ad) is my favourite recipe in the book and perfect if you’re looking for something rich, cosy and hearty for #veganuary – find it on pg 96!| 5. Another one of my BBC Food recipes that is perfect for a work from home lunch: my easy Bahn Mi sandwich!| 6. Heading down to my fishmonger on Dungeness beach to pick up some seasons bounty: rye bay scallops, local skate, crab claws and Docker sourdough.
- The Kitchn has put together all the ingredient substitutions you’ll probably ever need in one handy guide.
- Also, they’ve put together a brilliant air fryer tips and tricks post (have you tried my air fryer chicken wings recipe yet?)
- And, as someone currently redoing their kitchen, their list of things people usually forget while doing so is very, very helpful.
- Joy has created a base recipe for cake batter which you can use to bake literally any cake in literally any tin.
- Behind the scenes making proscuttio in a Tuscan butchers shop.
- Ever had difficulty getting yellow curry powder? This is how to make your own.
- Food52 have some great tips for cooking better pasta at home every time.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? Honestly, I just want to curl up with a good book and just watch the snow / rain!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!