Weekly Love: the one where summer finally arrived!
1. My first rainbow radish harvest from my kitchen garden! | 2. My Corn on the Cob with Gochujang Mayo recipe from my ingredient newsletter – it’s for subscribers only so do sign up! | 3. So much love for my Iced Coffee recipe (including both an espresso and cold brew method) over on BBC Food so far this summer. | 4. Another fantastic meal at The Compasses in Crundale. | 5. As well as another brilliant one on the terrace at The Good’s Shed in Canterbury. | 6. The ultimate summer side dish by way of my Summer Crispy Baked Gnocchi from my book One Pan Pescatarian (ad) – find it on pg 40!
- Okay so I need a Korean Corn Dog in my life asap.
- Steph and Mike have put together a pretty comprehensive post teaching us how to make the ultimate Vietnamese-style spring rolls (you can find my recipe for Vietnamese Steak Salad Rolls here, and my California Fresh Crab & Avocado Summer Rolls with Creamy Miso Yogurt here!)
- They’ve also put together a post with literally everything you ever needed to know about fish sauce.
- Here are some rather excellent tips on buying fresh flowers from a former supermarket florist.
- The Kitchn have some important tips for looking after your baking sheets.
- I need to learn this foolproof quiche ratio off by heart.
- I’m always looking for ways to cut down on the amount of meat we eat at home so I’m really excited to try these 50/50 beef and mushroom burgers.
- Gem has some fantastic tips to improve your home cooking.
- One of my favourite condiments: how to make homemade furikake.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? I’m looking forward to a quiet Saturday catching up on my reading before having my parents over for lunch for the first time in the new house to celebrate Fathers Day.