Weekly Love: the one where all my tomatoes have blight (sound familiar?)
1. While all the tomatoes in my garden have had to be disposed off, I’m really happy with my first Slim Jim aubergine harvest! | 2. Because we need it during this wet, grey summer from my newsletter ingredient proving summer comfort food is totally a thing, my Sweetcorn Polenta with Cherry Tomato & Garlic Confit. | 3. And another from this months ingredient, my Corn & Paprika Butter Penne – easy, delicious and ready in just 20 minutes! | 4. Staying on the theme of summer pasta dishes for a moment, if you do still have some homegrown tomatoes you should totally make my Butter-roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta. | 5. And, just as good for a desk lunch as they are for picnics, my recipe for Orange, Maple & Mustard Chicken Drumsticks with Classic Coleslaw. | 6. Kent? I’ve reviewed Pick Up Pinxtos’ fantastic new location in Folkestone harbour.
- Okay, so I want a big glass of Halo-Halo right now.
- You’re probably making all of these mistakes choosing wine to buy.
- Also, I need one of these wine preserver gadgets in my life.
- Some tips for handling grief, through food.
- So, apparently you can make both Hollandaise and Bernaise sauce in the microwave?
- Here is everything you ever needed to know about boba.
- Exploring the impact of Covid-19 on Mumbai’s dabbawala population.
- This piece by Alicia Kennedy on vegetarianism and the language of meat and bones we use to describe food is some of the most stunning food writing I’ve come across in a very long time.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? We’ve got J’s parents coming to stay this weekend and into next week so we’re taking them to one of our favourite spots for a Sunday roast, and tomorrow night I’m going to be making my Classic Bolognese Lasagna for us all to share to celebrate!