You may have noticed on Instagram or on Twitter (or maybe not, when I updated a long time reader she had no idea from reading the site!) a few weeks ago I started a job in politics a couple of days a week, so I'm no longer blogging full time. While I really love writing this blog, I've found the past year working from home quite isolating, and after working on the election in the Spring I know spending time in the office with my new colleagues is the right decision for me. So, what is going to change around here? Well, nothing much. I'm still going to be posting every week, still working on my columns and freelancing and my projects, I'm just going to be a bit busier! While I will head up to Westminster occasionally, I'm also staying put here in Kent. Have you noticed how beautiful the countryside is recently, why on earth would I want to leave?
1. Saturday lunchtime at The Compasses Inn in Crundale. | 2. Barbecuing my Barbecue Chicken, Bacon & Honey Mustard Skewers for a weeknight supper. | 3. Saturday lunchtimes with homemade lemonade at Byron in Canterbury. | 4. Fresh produce for weekend eating from the vegetable garden. | 5. My first attempt to make raspberry gin from the fruits we've grown on the farm this Summer. It should be ready in October, I'm already really excited! | 6. Weeknight dinnertime sharing plates at Barnyard in Fitzrovia. While the plating was pretty, I was a bit disappointed by the scallops, but the duck pate with fig jam and brioche is a must have!
- The New Potato has put together a list of their top 10 Thai restaurants in New York. They've also done the leg work for NYC's 10 best spots for oysters.
- 5 things you'd only know about Paris Couture Week if you were invited.
- Miguel, Carrie from WishWishWish's fiance has written a great post on what it is like to be a 'blogger boyfriend'. I'm sorry to day the food thing is true for everyone close to me.
- Yves Saint Laurent has made Touche Eclat in powder compact form and I want it now.
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Making Better Ice Cubes This Summer.
- All September, you'll be able to buy all of Le Labo's city exclusive scents, anywhere.
- The Glitter Guide shares 7 great apps for editing Instagram photos, and how to use them.
- Design Love Fest's most recent free wallpaper download is perfect for Summer.
- So who else wants to try this cocktail made by mixing rose wine and homemade lemonade?
- How To Plant A Small Space Lettuce Garden.
- A Guardian food critic eats at a hospital, a prison and a school who are doing something different with their institutional meals, perhaps giving us a glimpse of the future.
- How to spend a weekend on Regents Street, without visiting any shops.
- Jacintha takes us around the fantastic Slow Food Market in the courtyard of the Rosewood hotel in London. It is open every Sunday, and the hotel does a simply incredible Slow Food brunch in the mirror room parallel to the market. One of the best I've ever had.
- How To Start A Soup Club. (via Joy)
7. Learning all about flavours with Haagen-Dazs, Rosie from The Londoner, Dan Doherty from Duck and Waffle and Professor Barry Smith from UCL. | 8. Saturday afternoon strolling along the beach at Sandwich Bay. | 9. The classic Mr. Whippy at lunchtime: one of the big upsides to my new office being on the seafront. | 10. We also grow flowers in the vegetable garden for the kitchen table. | 11. I made this Tomato (from our home grown tomatoes) and Almond Tart from Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty More. Click through for my recipe notes. | 12. Dipping into Hotel Chocolat's most recent Tasting Club box.
- Dreamy does not even begin to sum up Christine's photos from Morocco.
- In case you ever wondered, this is how you make homemade marshmallow fluff.
- Into The Gloss has some great beauty product recommendations for swimmers.
- Kate's '24 Hours In Iceland' post reminds me why I need to go back there very soon.
- I always love David Lebovitz's foodie Summer holiday posts: this year, Cape Cod.
- This is how you make a lemon twist garnish for your cocktails.
- Bri's Summer holiday snaps from Nicaragua make me want to head to the ocean.
- Stephanie shows us how to make homemade burger buns in just 40 minutes.
- Into The Gloss has found us the best hotel toiletries worth traveling for.
- Calling all freelancers: how to win a digital pitch.
- Food 52 schools us in how to make miso paste from scratch.
- This is how you DIY your own espadrilles at home.
- Rose's weekend in Norfolk is the perfect illustration of why I love the English countryside.
- 10 Things I Learned Watching Nigella In My Pyjamas.
- Emily walks us through how exactly alcohol is created.
- Apparently, this is what we should be doing with our watermelon rinds.
- How To Eat (and Drink) Your Way Around Charleston, South Carolina.
- This is how you make homemade burger buns in only 40 minutes.
- America? Sephora has finally launched a beauty box subscription service.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I've got a lot of recipe work to do for some upcoming deadlines, so most of my weekend will be spent in the kitchen!